VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cheesehead Versus The Va Goliath

cheeseheadveteran

Hi there to all my fellow veterans,

I’m looking for some help in a scandal going on at a VA Medical Center. I have contacted the VA through on-site VA management and the https://iris.custhelp.com/ website. However, it has now been about 2 weeks since I filed my IRIS complaint and they still haven’t got back with me. They are supposed to contact the veteran within 7 days. And the VA management is now stonewalling me big time and I would like to solicit strategies that I could employ to get the VA to address my complaints and solve what appears to be a VA hospital-wide problem. The following are the series of complaints I have made to the VA:

1. my former VA doctor who was terminated for failure to meet accepted standards of care for veterans which resulted in an adverse event to me and possibly 19 other veterans under his care, when he misdiagnosed me and prescribed me a highly dangerous medication, and then a failure by the VA to provide written notification to me and the rest of the veterans involved about what happened,

2. the privacy violation by several VA doctors and employees when they emailed me my unencrypted private medical information to my personal email account,

3. the privacy violation by the VA Director of Nursing and the VA Privacy Office when they gave me another veteran’s private medical information in a recent FOIA request of mine,

4. the privacy violation by the VA Privacy Office for not writing me a notification as to why I still have not received my Accounting of Disclosures after 90 days of my request,

5. the privacy violation by a VA doctor and the VA Police when they communicated to each other by unencrypted email my private medical information, when there was no imminent or serious threat of harm to myself or others, and then a failure of the VA to notify me that this privacy breach had occurred,

6. the incident when VA management told me to only file a sexual harassment complaint when I made a non-employee complaint about a sexual abuse allegation of being a victim when I was in the hospital, and their subsequent refusal to notify the VA police of my sexual abuse allegation,

7. the incident with the VA Police when I attempted to file a police report of sexual abuse, but was dissuaded by the Lieutenant when he told he would not investigate it and instead gave me a Suspect Form with a Miranda Warning to fill out,

8. and the flagrant falsehood by my VA doctor which resulted in a denial of treatment for me when she claimed that I agreed to seek treatment outside the VA, which I did not agree to, and this falsehood is evident in an email to me about this Fee Basis treatment, and a contradictory progress note she wrote about which clarifies that I did not agree to this removal of treatment.

Ok. A little bit about me. I’m a former VA employee who recently graduated nursing school. I wanted to be VA nurse and help other veterans. The sexual abuse allegation reference above occurred during a college nursing preceptorship at this hospital. In addition, I also worked there at the hospital part-time as a program assistant. When I reported to my work boss the sexual abuse incident that occurred to me, she told me to file a sexual harassment complaint. It ended up being dismissed due to lack of jurisdiction. Students in preceptorships do not have any employee rights, thus no ability for redress on sexual harassment complaints. And then when I tried to follow a police complaint, it didn’t go anywhere.

I believe my request for Accounting of Disclosures is critical to explaining the privacy violations into my medical records. However, they Privacy Officer is refusing to give me these records. I am presently awaiting my Congressman to respond to my initial request for help.

I would like to know if anybody knows of a pro bono attorney in Wisconsin that I can contact for help? OR is there a veterans service organization that can help me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I thank you all for serving, and God Bless! J

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

We are to assist with Veternas claims. If you have a claims related issue you need to discuss then that is fine.

J

• Founder

Well as Jbasser stated we really only deal with VA claims here so not much help here. You can contact attorneys many work on a contingency basis, they don't get paid until you do. Good Luck