VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

St Petersburg Ro

Rate this question

boomer2

Question

Just found out that appeals going through this RO will take 6 to 18 months. That's from the time they get the NOD letter. Don't know what the rest of the country looks like but, this ain't good.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

You know I have water proof containers in case their is a big hurricane and we have to evacuate since I am in a flood zone. Save the proofs of my claims and leave the rest. Consider that our entire C-Files are just paper which can burn or get wet. I don't know where they store our files at St. Pete but if it is near the VARO that whole area is in a flood zone and would submerge in a Cat 4-5 hurricane.

Just as a time line they received my NOD on 11/25/2009.

So its taking at least a year for DRO Review.

Longer for me just the way its been for me since I first filed at St. Pete.

St Pete is near the bottom as it come to getting things right. I know AZ and OK are below them

Boomer

The St. Pete VARO is also famous for losing your documents so be sure you have receipts for everything you send them. I use them and I have had to fight for every single benefit I ever got from St. Pete.

Try and do some gulf war claims with them or some TBI claims.

LOL OMG that is funny!!!! I told my wife the same thing!!!!! j/k

BTW I also use St Pete and I haven't had a problem with them. I think the issue is the case load is overwhelming them at this time for some reason.

• HadIt.com Elder

You see all the RO's are inconsistent. One vet gets a fast and good decision and another waits years for a denial. Who knows why? The VA has one massive interest and that is to save money. If it is at the expense of the vet too bad.

It is much easier today to get rated than 20-30 years ago in my experience. The public has a very sympathetic attitude towards vets. It was not always that way.