VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

St Petersburg Ro

Rate this question

boomer2

Question

Just found out that appeals going through this RO will take 6 to 18 months. That's from the time they get the NOD letter. Don't know what the rest of the country looks like but, this ain't good.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

The St. Pete VARO is a few States over from mine. However, in my neck of the woods, tomorrow will mark the two year anniversary of my NOD and request for DRO review and/or hearing.

Good wishes to all who are still waiting.

Cmdr. Bob

post-4811-0-29728600-1297971219_thumb.jp

My local appeal just hit the 2 year mark for a local hearing and DRO review.

This is at the Houston VARO.

I am moving to Nevada once I get a AO/IHD decision.

More vet the RO's are bigger too. Texas has two RO's. Kansas is a smaller RO then St Pete.

I see some of them asking for the veterans to send in thing for their claims that they should not even be asking for on a gulf war claim. The courts have ruled on this back in 2002 yet in AZ and OK they still do, even when they are told and showed the ruling. Maybe they only know how to do the one of five ways to SC.

I have even see the OK office send in a SOC the wrong law for a gulf war claim. Well they did uses 3.317 in the letter, but it was the old law pre two law changes.

I did 4 claims in St Pete last year where they denied the vets CFS saying it did not start in the service. Well it is a presumptive under 3.317. nice CUE with back pay.

Yes I only help gulf war vets.

I think California, Texas, Florida and New York have the most vets. More vets means a bigger backlog I think.