VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ftca/1151

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I am getting emails regarding 1151/FTCA issues. I don't handle claims in email or by phone.They have my email due to past SVR stuff I guess.It is not available through hadit.

I have posted my final entry into our FTCA /1151 forum on these types of claims.

Everything I know about 1151 and FTCA is in that forum and I don't have time to repeat it all in emails.I summed up the 1151 issues pretty well in that forum today and the FTCA info is separate but it is there too.

ALL NSOs and vet reps are supposed to be trained in 1151 claims.I studied the same training they did.

They can hold POA for 1151 claims. FTCA is for lawyers.

Edited by Berta

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I am getting emails regarding 1151/FTCA issues. I don't handle claims in email or by phone.They have my email due to past SVR stuff I guess.It is not available through hadit.

I have posted my final entry into our FTCA /1151 forum on these types of claims.

Everything I know about 1151 and FTCA is in that forum and I don't have time to repeat it all in emails.I summed up the 1151 issues pretty well in that forum today and the FTCA info is separate but it is there too.

ALL NSOs and vet reps are supposed to be trained in 1151 claims.I studied the same training they did.

They can hold POA for 1151 claims. FTCA is for lawyers.

Berta,

Hey, this is Gary the guy U helped get Comped some years ago

I'm still around looking at Hadit but really have nothing to say so just read what is there

I have a suggestion for the people who keep E mailing U

Just block them which is a PIA but hey they would only E mail U once

Thats about it

GARY

Berta,

When we sign up to be on the www our privacy goes

right out the window.

Your email info is probably easy to find as you are

on it quite a few places.

In the past I had a problem with someone that

tracked down my address from the tax accessors office.

I think the more web sites we are on the easier we are to find,

especially for people set out with ill intentions.

This is a hadit member. I just contacted his lawyer

as I found that one of his emails contains information on something that NO ONE here told him to do and I am making sure that his lawyers knows the advice he has gotten here is sound advise.

This problem is interfering with my time and I intend to fix it.

A good rule of thumb- if you give someone accurate claims advise based on actual VA regs and case law,and they refuse to take the advice-or even refuse to read any links here at hadit that you give them to explain the issue they have- they aren't going to change and will continue to piss away your time -as long as you enable them to do that.

This situation is long story and it is getting fixed.

Another piece of advise-

if you use email regarding claims issues make sure those emails are accurate particularly if the veteran who is soliciting them has given them to others like to the VA or to a lawyer.

This is a hadit member. I just contacted his lawyer

as I found that one of his emails contains information on something that NO ONE here told him to do and I am making sure that his lawyers knows the advice he has gotten here is sound advise.

This problem is interfering with my time and I intend to fix it.

This situation is long story and it is getting fixed.

Berta,

I fully understand, agree and hope it resolves very soon.

If I can help anyway on my end, send me a PM or email.