VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nerve Conduction Test

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I HAD THE PAINFUL nerve conduction test done the other day. For those who never had this done, it is very painful. They stick needles and shock various parts of your body to see if you have nerve damage. Basically you could do the same thing by sticking your finger in a electrical socket( DON'T try this-just giving an example) The VA had out sourced this test to another private hospital as they were understaffed. Bottom line-technician said she could see I had this with out even giving me this test. Told me you could get this by having diabetic, pre-diabetic, or having been an alcholic. Since I wasn't able to do the comp exam for the same test which is under an appeal, I wonder If they will accept a non comp exam test?

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have had it done 4 times and once in the diphragm. That pain is real bad. They can use it to make Folks talk.

J

OUCH! I'm so sorry. I narrowly escaped one on my chins! But the diaphragm sounds Horrendous! I would think it would make folks talk alright......but the words that would come out of my mouth wouldn't be nice and mostly 4 lettered!

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes Sir, one of the most painful test I remember. Have PN(severe) in legs, feet. Of course,

my neurologist says she doesn't know what causes it. Let me, guess Vietnam Vet already connected for Cancer & recently for IHD. Can you say herbicide exposure?

Yes Sir, one of the most painful test I remember. Have PN(severe) in legs, feet. Of course,

my neurologist says she doesn't know what causes it. Let me, guess Vietnam Vet already connected for Cancer & recently for IHD. Can you say herbicide exposure?

Evandc......do you have Cancer from AO? I am so sorry. My husband has AO exposed side effects. Was in the zones in the right timeline. He drove 120 miles for and AO test just to be told there is no such thing! Why do the doctors at the VA Hospitals try to make things look like they are not service connected? Are they getting a percentage of what they SAVE in paying our Vets? At this point, NOTHING would surprise me. I don't know what IHD is.

But, God Bless you. You are in my prayers.

OUCH! I'm so sorry. I narrowly escaped one on my chins! But the diaphragm sounds Horrendous! I would think it would make folks talk alright......but the words that would come out of my mouth wouldn't be nice and mostly 4 lettered!

CORRECTION.....I said I almost had one on my CHINS, lol should have been SHINS ~ At this point I only have 1 chin.....so far!