VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Exams

Rate this question

boricuarage

Question

hello I posted this in my intro, but added some more stuff here

Hi all

well I'm a former SSG USA army and been discharged since 2004 which was a couple of months after 15 month deployment to Iraq. I received a purple heart for comat wounds of mortar sharpnel..

I recently completed 2 of 3 exams for my disability.. Tinnitus and scar on my arm(motor sharpnel)..

my last exam will be my mental exam PTSD and really nervous about it.

I'm already diagnosed by my Psy Doc with Ptsd and somatization disorder..

now I was told by the VA contractor when I go to my mental to take my military medical records and my medications that Im pescribed..

I don't have my medical records from the military, but request them through St. Louis. I don't think much will show because I got out 2 months after deployement, but I do got all my evidence from my doc which diagnoised me..

and all different types of mess that I currently and use to take.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Boricuarage,

Relax, the PTSD exam isn't anything you need to prepare for.

Just be honest but don't downplay your symptoms or the negative effects it has on you; this isn't a time to tough it out.

Some people show tears in their exam; my doc zoomed thru so fast there wasn't time for me to even be in touch with those feelings.

Here's some tips from Hadit;: C&P exam Do's & Don'ts

A little more background: Initial PTSD eval

One thing they might try to do is pin your problems on childhood/ pre-military events.

You'll do fine! :smile:

Thanks NK

yeh I read the do's and don't before and I know I wont act stupid, maybe frustrated and upset. My wife is coming with me cause she deals with me everyday.

The evaluator has a website so at least I can see what he/she is all about.

Thanks NK

yeh I read the do's and don't before and I know I wont act stupid, maybe frustrated and upset. My wife is coming with me cause she deals with me everyday.

The evaluator has a website so at least I can see what he/she is all about.

I take that back... My wife is fed up with me, so I do not think she will attend

Guest terrysturgis

Bori, instead of taking your wife with you ask her to write a letter to provide as evidence. My wife wrote one for me that I gave to the examiner. In my case I did not like what she wrote because she was honest about my condition. Apparently I can be an a**hole sometimes.

Good luck. Terry

Bori, instead of taking your wife with you ask her to write a letter to provide as evidence. My wife wrote one for me that I gave to the examiner. In my case I did not like what she wrote because she was honest about my condition. Apparently I can be an a**hole sometimes.

Good luck. Terry

I actually wrote a list for her. so she can say it to the examiner... it was at least 10 things and you know what she said when she looked at the letter? I don't need to memorize this because this actually is you and then some.. just don't know if writing a letter would help? but I will try...