VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Exams

Rate this question

boricuarage

Question

hello I posted this in my intro, but added some more stuff here

Hi all

well I'm a former SSG USA army and been discharged since 2004 which was a couple of months after 15 month deployment to Iraq. I received a purple heart for comat wounds of mortar sharpnel..

I recently completed 2 of 3 exams for my disability.. Tinnitus and scar on my arm(motor sharpnel)..

my last exam will be my mental exam PTSD and really nervous about it.

I'm already diagnosed by my Psy Doc with Ptsd and somatization disorder..

now I was told by the VA contractor when I go to my mental to take my military medical records and my medications that Im pescribed..

I don't have my medical records from the military, but request them through St. Louis. I don't think much will show because I got out 2 months after deployement, but I do got all my evidence from my doc which diagnoised me..

and all different types of mess that I currently and use to take.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You write you filed a NOD in 08? Also you were not filing paperwork on time. So you were already given exams, and determinations from the VA? There would not be a reason for you to file a NOD unless you disagreed with a decision made by the VARO.

Are you getting any % from the VA now? Why are you seeing a psych dr outside of the VAMC? Why have you never received your records? How far do you live from your RO? Did you personally request your records from the VA personal records center Page Ave, St Louis Mo?

I reread your post here and don't understand with what you wrote and what you said you have done so far....especially filing the NOD in 08??

You write you filed a NOD in 08? Also you were not filing paperwork on time. So you were already given exams, and determinations from the VA? There would not be a reason for you to file a NOD unless you disagreed with a decision made by the VARO.

Are you getting any % from the VA now? Why are you

seeing a psych dr outside of the VAMC? Why have you

never received your records? How far do you live from

your RO? Did you personally request your records from

the VA personal records center Page Ave, St Louis Mo?

Ok I want to clarify everything to avoid the confusion... NOD was an 08 or 09 I do not remember, they did not scheduled exams fore during that time. I guess the same time I mailed my paperwork and they not give it on time. keep in mind that I'm located overseas and we do not have a VA hospital so that is why I have an outside psy doctor.

09 April I think I got my letter of acknoledgment to schedule my exams.

January of this year I completed 2 C&P exams and the last one which is my mental exam on 28 feb...

sorry I don't have exact dates because I'm at work right now and typing on my phone so it is kind of messy..

but I hope I clarified some things..

I reread your post here and don't understand with what you wrote and what you said you have done so far....especially filing the NOD in 08??

as of right now I do not have a rating. I requested my records from st.Louis, but I can tell you that there be nothing in my records of PTSD because I got out 2 months after coming back from Iraq. I did foward a statement letter from my psy doc to my examiner and to the VA. this was about a week ago..

as of right now I do not have a rating. I requested my records from st.Louis, but I can tell you that there be nothing in my records of PTSD because I got out 2 months after coming back from Iraq. I did foward a statement letter from my psy doc to my examiner and to the VA. this was about a week ago..

bori,

My point with the PH is that neither you nor VA has to prove of show

any specific "stressor, as someone already posted - having the PH

is automatic proof that you were in a combat situation.

The VA's job at this point is to develop the claim by ordering a C&P to

determine the current level of disability, that PTSD and it's effects

place on your daily life.

yes Carlie I understand with purple heart that is my stressor.. it's stated in my request form from VA..

veteran was awarded PH and stressor are conced..

someone I know took the c&p exam by the same doctor and he said the longest is the questinnare which took about 3 hours long total.. be nice to have all those questions..