VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing Aid Eligiable Question

Rate this question

Route Clearance

Question

Hi, new here so I am not sure if I am posting this in the right section of the forum. If not I am sorry. I have a SC for 10% Tinnitus and 0% hearing loss. I had an audiogram done at my C&P. Also I have a perminate profile through the military for hearing loss. After looking at who is eligiable for hearing aids I called and set up an appointment. The appointment shows as a HAE or hearing aid eval. My question is what goes on at this type of appointment, and also if I was scheduled for this what are my chances I will finally get hearing aids after waiting 1.5 years?

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You are scheduled for a hearing aid evaluation. You are most likely in groups 6 or 7 or 8 as far as the healthcare "rating" system goes.

Larry,

His profile shows he's at 70 % SC which would put him in Priority Group 1.

You are scheduled for a hearing aid evaluation. You are most likely in groups 6 or 7 or 8 as far as the healthcare "rating" system goes. If so, you must be in need of hearing aids due to the fact that, without them, your healthcare plan and your participation in your care is going to suffer because you need help hearing and understanding your healthcare providers when discussing your health needs............or some such something like that!

I will say that the VA's audio clinic that I attend is very first-class and very helpful. I have never had a problem with them and my hearing aids are, like, $2,900 EACH if I was to have to purchase them on my own. They are bluetooth (whatever that means) and they "talk" to each other (when I turn up the volume on one, the volume on the other one follows right along with the one that I am adjusting) and they automatically adjust to outside noise interference, etc. When it comes time for me to need batteries, the facility in Colorado sends them right out, a couple or three months worth at a time.

The hearing aids have made a distinct improvement in my daily life and I thank the VA for this service. Yah, if I hadn't had to sit within 4 feet of some screamin turbines I wouldn't have needed the hearing aids, most likely, but, still, I'm glad to have them!

..........to bad they didn't furnish "ear protection" at the time :rolleyes: !

I dont understand how i could be group 6,7,8 because I am 70% total with 10% tinnitus and 0% hearing loss. Plus a perminate profile from the military because I am still in

I dont understand how i could be group 6,7,8 because I am 70% total with 10% tinnitus and 0% hearing loss.

Plus a perminate profile from the military because I am still in

Route,

If you're still active duty how are you receiving VA disability compensation ?