VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing Aid Eligiable Question

Rate this question

Route Clearance

Question

Hi, new here so I am not sure if I am posting this in the right section of the forum. If not I am sorry. I have a SC for 10% Tinnitus and 0% hearing loss. I had an audiogram done at my C&P. Also I have a perminate profile through the military for hearing loss. After looking at who is eligiable for hearing aids I called and set up an appointment. The appointment shows as a HAE or hearing aid eval. My question is what goes on at this type of appointment, and also if I was scheduled for this what are my chances I will finally get hearing aids after waiting 1.5 years?

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Your hearing aid evaluation is important and necessary for you to get hearing aids. The audiologist will run tests on you and determine 1) if you need them and 2) if you do, the hearing aids need to be programmed for your specific hearing loss. Unless you have an up to date hearing exam you will need it done again. Even then, most carpenters dont want to use another carpenters measurements, so the VA audio will probably want to test you again. Its not bad, its good as your hearing changes. For the hearing aids to work, they need a good exam. They are like eye glasses in that they are custom built and programmed to your situation. The audioligist will help you decide which type of hearing aid, if any, is best for you.

BTE (Behind the ear) In the Ear, or in the canal. Some aids have a programmable remote control. The "in the canal" aids may not be available at the VA, since they are often the smallest units and smaller costs more with hearing aids. The audiologist will have to make a mold of your ear canal for a good fit. They must fit right or they dont work well.