VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Would Like To Find Out Why Is Amc Open

Rate this question

Mr cue

Question

i have been around hadit for years and hear the storys about the amc. i feel there has to be something we as veterans can do about this place.It has no phone number and issue decision that make no sense after years of waiting. if u call bva they will tell u that they dont have jurdition over them how is this they remaned the issue there. call 1-800 and they have to iris them.so what help is this place. i would like to see how many veterans here have problems with amc. and how can fight to close this place.

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

There are black holes in space and there are also black holes within the VA. The AMC is just an excuse to delay a claim for years and could be classified as a black hole.

J

HA HA that was GOOD Carlie-

I sure felt my claim was in the Bermuda Triangle when it was at the AMC.

I was able to fax their director then- a few years ago- but then they moved their fax machine out of the director's office and then they moved him somewhere else too-he didnt last long there-

I griped to the House Veterans Affairs committee about them.The address to the H VAC is here somewhere.

They failed to read any of my evidence to include my IMOs- then shipped the claim to Seattle VARO and they too failed to read my evidence and then AMC remanded it back somewhere else-Buffalo was RO of jurisdiction.

Finally it got back to the BVA, and my evidence was read (I wonder if the BVA read my gripes too to the H VAC and my Iris complaints)

But the BVA read all medical evidence and awarded.After 6 years. Then it took me almost another year to get my retro (not a comp issue)after I had to put pressure on them.

I have only read of one AMC award.Maybe two. (their awards and denials are not public).One vet sent me his AMC award.

I think it will come back to haunt him.I think the award was erroneous.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

The AMC is a dead zone the RO's send their appeals claims to collect dust.

Mine was stuck there for over 5 yrs until I started sending in waivers to have the BVA view the evidence and not the AMC.

The AMC is a VARO level of claims review. Once the BVA actually recieved my claim, I recieved a partial award and the remaining issues went to the court.

Do anything you can to get your claim out of the AMC. Even if you could actually talk to someone there, you can't believe a word they tell you. You can't even trust the confusing addresses they tell you to send evidence to.

Congress and the VA could improve the claims process greatly by completely doing away with the AMC altogether.