VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Would Like To Find Out Why Is Amc Open

Rate this question

Mr cue

Question

i have been around hadit for years and hear the storys about the amc. i feel there has to be something we as veterans can do about this place.It has no phone number and issue decision that make no sense after years of waiting. if u call bva they will tell u that they dont have jurdition over them how is this they remaned the issue there. call 1-800 and they have to iris them.so what help is this place. i would like to see how many veterans here have problems with amc. and how can fight to close this place.

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

can i sue the va over my lost house when they were aware and owe me back retro and just let my claim sit for 2yr now. at the amc.

Your profile shows 100 % SC, is that correct ?

NO - we can't sue VA over "lost house".

I for one, wish they at least had to pay interest on retro amounts.

JMHO

House Committee on Veterans' Affairs

335 Cannon House Office Building

Washington, D.C. 20515

Somewhere at their web site is template for submissions of testimony.

The Sub Committee- Disability and Oversight members would be interested in any veteran's submissions as to the claims process and it's problems.

Unfortunately there might not be time to reach the main H VAC committee before a hearing they are having on the 30 of this month.

You can watch and hear these hearings with any good media player live as they occur.There is an open agenda in May so this is the time to gripe. Is anyone in your state on either the H VAC or HVAC ?

We have a New yorker on the Sub Committee on Disability and Memorials committee -as I recall but might be wrong - you deal with Buffalo RO as your AOJ ?

She would be the one to write to with your complaints-as a start. She is new to the Committee. John Hall (who did a good job in my opinion Cong-NY in many issues regarding vets ) is not the Chairman for this committee anymore.

The AMC is a disgrace.AMC has added to the backlog it was supposed to help resolve.

Vetswife:

If I were you (since the COngressional Inquiry will add time to the claim)

in the meantime- whip off this to the VARO and the AMC and demand they resolve the awarded issue or you will file a Writ of Mandamus:

This is the Jan 2010 VA FAst Letter regarding Implementation of partial BVA grants.

Edited by Berta

thanks breta i will be at this commttie now didnt no were to start.but this helps

yes it makes no sense i have been on many of these veterans sites and many veterans claim are just held there at amc. bva will tell you they have no control over them. so who does

yes i am 100% thanks to berta and many other here at hadit. i was discharge in 1993 20 yrs old i was given 10% under rating 5322 which was for some one with gun shot i dont have one.

for 8yrs i did not work pay 89.00 with the disabilty i have.

found hadit 2001 put in papers went from 10%-60% iu thank god for the internet.

find out about a cue claim here. put one in on my 1993 claim from service 2007 get to bva told my claims from 1993 have been in a appeal status still pending wow.they had been granted by the dro 2001. stated this is a full granted of all current appeals. so my effective dated should be 1993 now.

no my claims are at amc a remaned iu claim. i have iu.and got grant 10%from 1993-2001 for same issue and my elbow claim from services which got granted amc handle and grant me 0% effective 2007 and told me i will have to appeal to court. i dont get to appeal and intail rating from services i guess.

so do you see how all this played out a cue claim turn in to all this. not right. amc is a joke. bva no this that why all the claims with big retro end up here. just look. my claim go back to 1993. how many more go back like that. bva even say buffalo ro is to handle the claims. i got a letter right here from amc dec 2009 we will be handle the claim not the buffalo ny ro send all info to us. so i take it they have more pull than the bva.but when i ask other question we have to follow bva orders. which one is it.

than call bva they will tell you we have no control over them once we remaned it there.

i was discharge in 1993 20 yrs old i was given 10% under rating 5322 which was for some one with gun shot i dont have one.

my claim go back to 1993. how many more go back like that.

In 1993 and now, diagnostic code 5322 did not regard any rating criteria specific to having a gun shot wound / disability.

The criteria found past and present, for diagnostic code 5322 relates to any muscle injury of the neck, specifically Muscle

Group XXII.

You are right about there being lots of claim issues veterans have that go back

many, many years. One of my issues at BVA now goes back33 years (1978).

so my thing is how do we get all the veterans who have claims just sitting at amc that go back many years.

on my remaned and reconsideration bva say buffalo ro was to handle my claims. amc sent me a letter stating they will be handle my claim not buffalo. and had them for two years now.

it like this places is over the bva and do there own thing