VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Would Like To Find Out Why Is Amc Open

Rate this question

Mr cue

Question

i have been around hadit for years and hear the storys about the amc. i feel there has to be something we as veterans can do about this place.It has no phone number and issue decision that make no sense after years of waiting. if u call bva they will tell u that they dont have jurdition over them how is this they remaned the issue there. call 1-800 and they have to iris them.so what help is this place. i would like to see how many veterans here have problems with amc. and how can fight to close this place.

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

"it like this places is over the bva and do there own thing"

yulooking,

in order to get your claim out of the AMC stall and into the hands of the BVA for a final decision, always submit a waiver of AOJ for review of evidence.

If not, your claim may collect dust for 5 yrs at the AMC.

Or, they will pass it around to contract raters throughout the country that will use any tactic to deny it, thus putting you on the perpetual wheel of remands and Dr shopping for IMO's to deny your claim.

VARO's and the AMC are almost incapable of reading primary evidence without low balling or denying. the BVA is the best shot once you file your form 9 for appeal.

If your claim sits more than a yr, get yourself an attorney.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think I would also complain to the Secretary of the VA. He seems like he is better than prior Secretaries.

• HadIt.com Elder

"If I were you (since the COngressional Inquiry will add time to the claim)

in the meantime- whip off this to the VARO and the AMC and demand they resolve the awarded issue or you will file a Writ of Mandamus:"

Alex, an attorney that used to come to Hadit.com and offer advice, always said if your claim gets stalled for 16 months to file a Writ.

Mine was stalled for nearly 2 yrs and with the help of hadit members I did just that. In less than 30 days my claim was rated. It was denied of cource, but it wasn't stalled any longer.

It's been 14 months since my C&P on my shoulder without a rating. My SO said it's due to all my other claims the VARO had to review and deny over the last yr. He said the file gets bounced around from remanded claims to one person, to another person working on new claims, to another person working on old claims. With all the confusion of so many secondary claims I have in, he says it's delaying my claim for the shoulder that was awarded by the BVA in 2009 for rating.

I told him if they don't rate it soon, i'll file a writ. He all but told me to get anothe SO. He said a writ would do nothing but delay the claim and was so pissed I thought he was going to hang up the phone.

They will have to reply to CAVC in 30 days if I file the writ and I know this by experience.

i'll give them 60 days and send my SO and the VARO a written notice of filing a writ. Letting them take another decade to get off their butts won't fly with me.

see the veterans are getting all these storys from vso and amc . when my claim got remaned the amc told me they had to work the granted claim first .whch they did but i got granted and issue from services by bva. amc rated it 0% and gave a effective dated of 2007. my services is 1993 and told me on decision i have to appeal to court. what happen to a nod soc and all that with this claim that got granted after 18 yrs and the remaned iu claim going back to 1993 just denied after 2 yrs. crazy thing i have iu sinces 2001 and did a cue.made it to bva told my claims have been pending since 1993. and open the informal iu claim but will not granted my effective dates.

and last i do trust these vso which are located in the ro. 2001 i put in paper with a vso. va treated it as a increase rating claim. right when my claim was to go to bva i get a call from vso the dro has grant your claim granted me 60% for neck issues and iu but effective 2001. the dated i put in the papers of course i took it and wait 6 yr to do the cue of the decision form services 1993.

soon as i did the cue my vso withdraw right when my cases was to go to bva. so now i have no rep. vso not to do this laws say this. because you cant get any vso to take your case once it go to bva.so bva no this and boke my claims all up. i guess hoping i would miss the 120 days to appeal to court. but did this already.

but when my cue made it to bva 2009 bva dissmised and say these my intail granted form services has been in appeal status and ro never cretify my appeals to the bva in 1993.

seem as if my vso and the dro no that my claims should have been granted 1993 in 2001 but try to low ball me and thought i did not no how do a cue.

sorry for venting but va has a lot of games when they owe.

last thing bva play to for the neck issue which form 1993-2001 was rated 10% from services. the bva gave me 10% more from 1993-2001. the dro granted me 60% 2001 while my appeal where still pending from 1993. 60% should go back but there playing with me. because this would also mean i meet the precent for iu. but if and informal claim is found in your record and you were granted the issue the effective dated is the dated of the informal claim.

so i say the bva vso and ro are full of it and veterans better learn the law there self and not put your life in there hands.

now the cases is back with the judge lets see how he do me. judge had it since the apr.18

oh yeah wait the 6 yr to do the cue so they could not play with my 60% and iu which was granted during the pending appeal from 1993.

So, I sent a letter to the AMC and sited the FAST letter below & stated how they should have rated my husbands "granted" claim before working on his remanded issues.

I sent it on April 15, It is May 19 (over a month later) and I have had no reply.

I sent it only through the mail, not throught IRIS

I did not state I would file a Write in the previous letter - I wanted to give them a chance to respond to my letter and go from there.

Since they have not responded should I re-send by mail or IRIS or both and tell them I intend to fill a Writ by xxx date?

Or should I just go ahead and file the Writ?

Vetswife:

If I were you (since the COngressional Inquiry will add time to the claim)

in the meantime- whip off this to the VARO and the AMC and demand they resolve the awarded issue or you will file a Writ of Mandamus:

This is the Jan 2010 VA FAst Letter regarding Implementation of partial BVA grants.

I would re send it with a USPS tracking slip Vetwife.

The ROs selectively lose the good stuff from time to time.

I suggest you put Attention to on the envelope over VA address as well as on the letter and then use the initials that appear in the numeric code at the right hand side of the last letter they sent to you as they are the initials of whoever is supposed to be working on your claim.

Unfortunately there is probably a lot of stuff weeks old still siting in your VARO's mailroom which has not been even sorted yet.

An Iris however might give you a status that shows they are working on the claim.