VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Uggghhhhhhhh!

Rate this question

bakerkd

Question

Does this sound like standard practice.

Filed my initial claim in August 2010 (Retired AD 1 Aug 10). Contacted by VA in November of upcoming C&P exams in Dec10 and Jan11. Completed all C&p and was told at 6 Jan( General Medical) exam that several of the conditions that VARO requested exams for were not conducted at that VAMC. I was told by examiner that they will include that in C&P notes and the VARO will likely schedule that exam with another VAMC or QTC. I have copy of C&P and it does state that. Now here I am a month later and C&P results have still not been sent to the VARO.

Called 1-800 (Waste of Time) and was told that the VAMC has 60 or in some cases up to 90 days to submit C&P results to VARO and that time line starts from the LAST exam that was scheduled. My last exam was the end of January, nearly a month after the VAMC determined some of the disabilities could not be examined there. Now I know that this is a slow process but if VARO sent an exam request to the wrong VAMC shouldnt they know that within less than 4 FREAKIN MONTHS. Just doing normal math i'm gonna say following their current timeline it 4 months to tell them i still need an exam plus at least a month to get another C&P scheduled then add another 2 months to send results back to VAMC =7 month delay for a simple scheduling error.

Anybody have any suggestions on what to do here?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Carlie,

Already made the VARO aware, made my VSO aware. VAMC are the ones who caught it. All of them have said that the VARO will decide what to do when they eventually receive the C&P results. Seems insane that this will probably take months to rectify

People with peripheral vestibular disorders shouldn't be put on a merry go round...haha. Its pretty annoying. I mean its, a simple enough problem to fix, right? My VSO says they may defer it and rate everything else but more than likely it will just hold up the whole enchilada. Very comforting