VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nerve Damage

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I currently have a claim for bilateral nerve damage for my feet at the rating board. The VA failed to rated this last time around, left it out. I had a foot doctor at the VA say I have this-documented through many visits. I am rated a 0% for feet problems, and am wondering how this could possibly be linked together. A recent nerve conduction test revealed that I have nerve damage as well. Since this doctor stated there is only 3 ways you can get this-

1. diabetic

2. pre-diabetic'

3. Being an alcohlic

Can someone please help me on input on this issue. Also the doctor at the VA had me get a MRI for my neck as I have severe pain. This issue was rated at 0% years ago, and a recent claim denied a increase as medical issues that happened after military service(whip-lash injuries_ were not related to neck injuries during service. I have constant severe pain daily now. Therefore the doctor ordered the nerve conduction test and the MRI. Will these results help me on the nerve damage claim for the feet? Can you only get this for feet only? When i originally filed this claim-it was only me feet. Now it has spread to both legs and arms. And I am not diabetic! If they rated this, then I can file a new claim for secondary as it is not just the feet. Thank You!

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am watching this thread and thread slike it because of my direct toxic exposure and diseases...

Are you handling your claim on your own? What is the reputation(s) of the service advocates in your area (DAV, VFW, State, etc)??? I think that you have a claim that needs to properly structured and written up properly. I went through similar "bumps" with VA docs... Fortunately for me I had Social Security Disability already - so I could go see a Neurologist on the outside and get his opinion on the MRI findings - his findings were the same as the VA doc's, but he added a lot of verbiage that the Claims guys at VA liked and awarded my compensation (un-employability). I use the DAV as an advocate (P.O.T.) but I stay on them and make sure that I have scheduled appointments with them following any medical exam.

I am not telling you to run to the DAV or any of the others, I just know what they did for my case. I will also tell you that you have to be your own advocate at the same time!

Good luck - but I think once your MRI comes through and the findings are there - you will be jump started to a whole new level (given your description of ailments).

Greg

Are you handling your claim on your own? What is the reputation(s) of the service advocates in your area (DAV, VFW, State, etc)??? I think that you have a claim that needs to properly structured and written up properly. I went through similar "bumps" with VA docs... Fortunately for me I had Social Security Disability already - so I could go see a Neurologist on the outside and get his opinion on the MRI findings - his findings were the same as the VA doc's, but he added a lot of verbiage that the Claims guys at VA liked and awarded my compensation (un-employability). I use the DAV as an advocate (P.O.T.) but I stay on them and make sure that I have scheduled appointments with them following any medical exam.

I am not telling you to run to the DAV or any of the others, I just know what they did for my case. I will also tell you that you have to be your own advocate at the same time!

Good luck - but I think once your MRI comes through and the findings are there - you will be jump started to a whole new level (given your description of ailments).

Greg

I submitted the claim through DAV. This Nerve damage claim is waiting to be acted on at the rating board-previously left out of last claim. This has been finally completed-states abnormal. Have it both arms, legs, feet, , everywhere. Also problem in my hands -cardinal sydrome or something. Have been referred to a neuro doctor finally. I was in the NAvy-handled toxix paints-we painted those ships daily(worked in a paint locker) Also handled heavy equipment for scaling the old paint off. Plus I have a 20% for back, and a 0% for neck(NOD filed for this) I wonder if I will need a cane some day as I really gets hard to walk far anymore

I submitted the claim through DAV. This Nerve damage claim is waiting to be acted on at the rating board-previously left out of last claim. This has been finally completed-states abnormal. Have it both arms, legs, feet, , everywhere. Also problem in my hands -cardinal sydrome or something. Have been referred to a neuro doctor finally. I was in the NAvy-handled toxix paints-we painted those ships daily(worked in a paint locker) Also handled heavy equipment for scaling the old paint off. Plus I have a 20% for back, and a 0% for neck(NOD filed for this) I wonder if I will need a cane some day as I really gets hard to walk far anymore

Also will they give me a MRI for the whole body in conjuction with the nerve test? They only did one side-wonder if one side is enough or do they have to shock you and stick needles in both sides of you.