VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Persian Gulf Illness Claim Approved

Rate this question

vetinpa

Question

I got a letter from the DAV that stated that my increase was approved, however I have not gotten anything from the VA yet. When I spoke to the DAV, they said that it could be 3 days to 14 days. The Va will not tell me a thing. Money is really tight, has anyone had this situation. How long did you wait for retro pay? How long did it take the VA to act?? any help is appreciated. thanks

dav letter is dated 2/3/11

Are these service connected? Do you get your meds from the VA?

Yes, I am service connected (100%) and I get all meds from the VA.

Are these service connected? Do you get your meds from the VA?

How did you get 100, can you break it down for me? I think I should be there too, I have to wait to get my official letter but according to the DAV they lumped a bunch of things together and put it at 40, I already get 30 for my skin and 40 for my back which they combine as 80 I guess when I get my letter. I am not sure how they broke it all down, but I may have to file a NOD to get the others as separate issues, will discuss more when I get notification so I see how they did it.

How is yours broke down? I do have a depression claim in as a separate issue that is on vba appeal, they did not address it at this time, that case is sitting there waiting for the vba to pick it up.

Vetinpa ,

You said this was a PGW claim, was it for the Fibro, muscle and joint pain , gastro and sleep ? Which are PGW presumptives ? If so did you file it under undiagnosed illness or how did you file ? What kind of evidence did you have ?

Thanks for the info , i will be filing on the same issues once my appeal is handled .

Sgt Sandman

sandman,

I have all these symptoms through the va medical center, 5 volumes of records since my activity duty release in 91. However last year things got real bad so I went to a civilian rhumatologist (sp) and he diagnosed me with the fibro, all the symptoms were there, the va just was not diagnosing it. Because I have arthritis with a back injury I could go there with 3 heads and they would attribute it to the arthritis. In my records for years were the sleep, stomach, muscle and joint, etc, they would just keep giving me the naproxen, muscle relaxers and stomach pill, I finally had enough and went to a civilian rheumatologist.

then the DAV put in a blanket claim in when the presumptives come out for persian gulf illness, not undiagnosed because they were diagnosed. so they listed them all and said due to persian gulf illness.

Vet in PA - Gotta ask you, where are you in PA? Cause so far the VSO I had, didn't seem to care, for one and he sure didn't give me any advice for seeking the help or documentation. He just talked to me like he was selling a ponzi scheme....... odd to say the least. If you have a good VSO or actual VSO Officer you can recommend, please do. I'm in the Philly area. Thanks in advance!