Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
Sign in to follow this  
flamethrower12

Iu Questions Regarding Agoraphobia/gad

Question

I will try to make sense, but I'm really confused. I got out of service in 2005 and filed a claim for PTSD. I was in a bad place at that time. Very paranoid, suspicious, untrusting, hypervigiliant, the whole 9 yards. My active duty military records supported the PTSD claim. When they set me up for a C&P, I was very anxious and skipped the appointment. Not good, I know. I kept falling into a deeper whole and finally hit rock bottom. I went back and reopened the claim in 2010. Instead of PTSD, my VSO advised me to file as panic disorder and anxiety. I had new and material evidence, because I had been seen by 3 private doctors for the above mentioned issues. They all concluded I had PTSD severe, agoraphobia, panic disorder, major depression disorder. I had my C&P in May. I was extremely anxious and guarded, but I made sure to go to that appt. The psych stated in my c&p notes that there was indeed an inservice stressor and that the military doctors while I was active duty even noted the panic attacks and PTSD. I got my award letter, with a total % of 70, but only 50% was for panic disorder/mdd/agoraphobia. Here are my questions:

1. Since I failed to go to my first c&P in 2005, even though my active duty records support the ptsd/panic attacks, is it fair to assume that I will be unable to file an appeal for have an initial date for 2005?

2. I have not been able to stay at a job for more than one year. I have had 3 jobs since 2006, and did not last more than 1 year at any. I left voluntarily, because I can't handle being around people. Should I file a UI claim or just keep job bouncing? I don't handle stess well, and I don't know if I could go through the whole UI process w/o getting extremely anxious.

3. Since May, I have seen a VA psychiatrist regularly, as well as other VA doctors. My PCP stated in his notes that he believed I suffered from conversion disorder. My psych put in his notes that my stress is causing major physical symptoms like nausea, dizziness, dysfunctional vocal cords, digestive symptoms. The VA has sent me to so many drs to find out what is wrong, and they all find no major illness, just extreme stress. I was hospitalized once for extreme physical stress. I guess it has a "psychiatric" name, and it is in my notes, but I'm not sure what it is called. Would this, as well as my agoraphobia, be a good cause for filing UI, or should I just keep plugging along?

4. If I do file UI, since I had a C&P 7 months ago, and all notes are already in VA system from my other drs, will I have another C&P? Can't they or will they just contact my current VA psych for a medical opinion?

Thank you for any advise. I'm pretty lost and stessed here. Sorry for all of the questions.

Adam

2 answers to this question

Welcome to Hadit. My advice is win the claim first and than argue about effective dates while you are getting a check.

Ad

I will try to make sense, but I'm really confused. I got out of service in 2005 and filed a claim for PTSD. I was in a bad place at that time. Very paranoid, suspicious, untrusting, hypervigiliant, the whole 9 yards. My active duty military records supported the PTSD claim. When they set me up for a C&P, I was very anxious and skipped the appointment.

I got my award letter, with a total % of 70, but only 50% was for panic disorder/mdd/agoraphobia. Here are my questions:

Adam

flame,

Welcome to Hadit.com

Please post exactly what is stated on your Rating Decision in the Reasons and Bases Sections,

leave out your name, SSA/Claim number, address.

Post all the VA stuff exactly as stated, to include why they decided on what effective dates.