VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Quick Turn Around

Rate this topic

sbrewer

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to say husband received his increase today. He applied May 4, 2006-Had C&P on June7 and got increase in mail today from 10 to 50. Now that's a quick turn around....

Thanks

sbrewer

ps...and now to continue that nagging toe problem

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That IS fast! Great news- hand in there on the other claim too- you never know-

• HadIt.com Elder

That is light speed for the VA. Maybe there is something they want you to forget. They may have some quilty knowledge of a higher possible rating.

Now you are making me wonder...

His GAF was 53 at the C&P, but 50 2 weeks ago by his mental health dr. I guess they used the 53, however there are certain things that fall under the 70% cat. and the C&P dr. did say overall disability was in the severe range. I don't know what that means, is someone can tell me.

What happens now? Will he here from his SO or should he contact him? If he were to appeal this decision, would they pay at the 50% rate now or would that be held up until a final decision is made?

Thanks,

sbrewer

Once he has the award letter-which seems he just got- the retro should be in the bank soon thereafter-or in the mail-

He can then NOD the decision if he feels it is wrong.

The specific decision in that award-

His 50% would still come every month while the NOD and appeal is ongoing-

I would- if I were you- get a copy of that C & P or maybe you have it, and the rating criteria etc-

check the diagnostic codes they used too to see if they are correct.

This way you can shape the NOD with evidence that the newly awarded rating should be higher.