VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Witness

Rate this question

Charleese

Question

Hi Everyone,

My husband got his envelope denying him earlier effective date of 1958. They claim that there is no 1958 application and the only application they have is his 1983 application he filed in Connecticut. He asked that they decide under the Reasonable Doubt Doctrine as well as Relative Equipose. Well they did it only under the Reasonable Doubt Doctrine and not Relative Equipose.

Naturally he wants to appeal. He has a friend whom he thought was dead, until he recently went to another friends funeral in South Carolina and saw him there. This friend went with him to Tazwell, VA and witness that he did file application with VA representative for benefits in December of 1958. This friend is willing to sign a notarized statement to that effect.

My question is do you think he can appeal this decision using this statement or an appeal can only be done with medical evidence.

Thanks!

Charleese

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest frank
Hi Everyone,

My husband got his envelope denying him earlier effective date of 1958. They claim that there is no 1958 application and the only application they have is his 1983 application he filed in Connecticut. He asked that they decide under the Reasonable Doubt Doctrine as well as Relative Equipose. Well they did it only under the Reasonable Doubt Doctrine and not Relative Equipose.

Naturally he wants to appeal. He has a friend whom he thought was dead, until he recently went to another friends funeral in South Carolina and saw him there. This friend went with him to Tazwell, VA and witness that he did file application with VA representative for benefits in December of 1958. This friend is willing to sign a notarized statement to that effect.

My question is do you think he can appeal this decision using this statement or an appeal can only be done with medical evidence.

Thanks!

Charleese

go to web page agenta see evedence, you could write a letter to the fact as well as your friend, letterMUST BE NOTANIZED FRANK

go to web page agenta see evedence, you could write a letter to the fact as well as your friend, letterMUST BE NOTANIZED FRANK

Thanks Frank, but this happen years before I met my husband. I can't write saying that I saw this happen. All I would be able to say is that he tolad me about filing, and his friend was with him. Furthermore, I don't know how to get into a Web page agenta.

Thanks Frank, but this happen years before I met my husband. I can't write saying that I saw this happen. All I would be able to say is that he tolad me about filing, and his friend was with him. Furthermore, I don't know how to get into a Web page agenta.

Please can someone tell us whether a Notarized Statement would be considered as actual evidence?

Guest frank
Please can someone tell us whether a Notarized Statement would be considered as actual evidence?
all you have to do is got your hone page,put agenta web page, and it should show up. but the evenidence, states anyone can write a letter on the fact that they saw him write this letter,a mother someone he worked with and so on i hate to say this but va has that letter ,i wrote a letter in 1959, va wrote back no records found i have tried for years to get my records in 2002 i got those records with the help of a woman that worked she made copies of everything, i hade found out i was 100% sinse 1958,and in the files,was my letter of 1958. i am in appeals now, i was in navy and air force both are 100% for each service, if not for the kindess of this woman , i would of died, never knoeing, hoe much the va cheached me out of. frank

Guest frank
Hi Everyone,

Thanks!

Charleese

charleese, i see you read my topic 4-25-52 thank you i will answer you here,this is what i am talking about,i do not need proof,i was given 100% for the sinking of the hobson,now you see how bad the va is.this sinking of the hobson is part of navy history,the reason why i don,t need proof is because i am on that ship,spent 47 months on it. but va states no records found,of course this in appeal,plus i have a newspaper reportor looking in this. what we really need is to have a full investation done on va all over the country. the lie cheat and steal no way can va deny my claim i was also in air force,spent 7 months in hospital,again va states no records found don,t try to knock your self out over this va always finds ways to deny a claim. also go on va home page scrool down to special operations, the is a new act of congress see if there is anything you can use under this new law. frank

charleese, i see you read my topic 4-25-52 thank you i will answer you here,this is what i am talking about,i do not need proof,i was given 100% for the sinking of the hobson,now you see how bad the va is.this sinking of the hobson is part of navy history,the reason why i don,t need proof is because i am on that ship,spent 47 months on it. but va states no records found,of course this in appeal,plus i have a newspaper reportor looking in this. what we really need is to have a full investation done on va all over the country. the lie cheat and steal no way can va deny my claim i was also in air force,spent 7 months in hospital,again va states no records found don,t try to knock your self out over this va always finds ways to deny a claim. also go on va home page scrool down to special operations, the is a new act of congress see if there is anything you can use under this new law. frank

Yes Frank I do see what you mean. They use no records found to deny claims. They say there's no actual evidence that my husband file application for claim in 1958. However, he has found the gentleman that went with him when he filed this claim and he remembers everything that happen that day. He is going to do an affidavit and have it notarize so my husband can send in his appeal. He is even willing to go to court if it comes down to that and testify on my husband's behalf. He was sitting at the table with my husband when he filled out application. He saw my husband hand it to VA Representative and he heard when representative told my husband that he would be hearing from the VA. All of this he will put in affadavit. My concern if the VA will accept this affidavit as actual evidence. Hope so. Thanks!