VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Form 9

Rate this question

vetmp

Question

I just rec'd a packet telling me they re-interpreted my claim regarding PTSD and raised it from 10% to 30% which is right at or below what my docs felt. They did not change my rating on my back, which is at 10%. Back when i had the C&P my back was farrrrrrrrrr worse than it is now. I filed the the notice of disagreement because my back was still very painful. But the last few months it has gotten better. I dont know if 20 or 30% more is justifiable anymore. I'm a little bit irritated because I was supposed to have an MRI and my doc is a dumbass telling them I need my arm done and them refusing to do my back because of his dumbassery... I also was refused Physical Therapy because the assigned therapist was injured and no one to take their place, told to go to Palo Alto but they said they were not accepting new patients for Physical Therapy. There is more but I dont think it is really pertinent to my question, just imagine a vet that has a lot of "little" bullshit dealing with the VA, my VSO and another VSO indirectly refusing to help me, etc.

So let's say my back goes real bad on me 2 or 3 years from now, am I able to do something or is this the rating I will be stuck with forever if I do not appeal their new decision? What if I have an accident and hurt my back, will the VA blame the accident (like a fall, not a car TA) on my worsened back or what?? lol

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If your back gets worse you can file for an increase next week or next year. You need evidence to show it has gotten worse. You need an MRI now and another MRI when it gets worse to show the progression of the DDD. This is how I would do it to get a baseline. Don't tell anyone at the VA that your back in better. Do you use the VA pain clinic? My back is like yours. It gets better and it gets worse. I never tell the VA "oh, yeah, my back is feeling a lot better". A statement like that will haunt you for 40 years.