VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secondary To Dmii

Rate this question

SP4RVN1971

Question

Iam waiting for VA to Rate my DMII. I know that the Peripheral Neurophathy is secondary to the DMII, but if the PN is starting to be a bigger problem in that the motor nerve, pains and lack of corordination. Does that become its on rating? Or do they increase the rating of DMII. which I can control my DMII with medicine and diet, and how do they rate PN? With this problem I am starting miss work and i could lose my ability work. I need my insurance to cover for my Prostate cancer from AO. Which Iam waiting for VA to make a decision on. I am all most 60 and dont want to quit work ,Should file for SS in case this probrem get worst?

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

They also will rate PAD (pheriferal arterial Disease_ separately from PN if they have medical evidence of the PAD as secondary to SC DMII or to SC IHD.

I consider John our DMII GURU!

He is always quick to point out that DMII s the gift that keeps on giving.

Diabetes doesnt kill anyone- it's complications can kill.

It can affect the brain, heart, eyes, pancreas,libido, feet,etc etc and cause a myriad of secondary problems.

Guest terrysturgis

As John said, my PN is 40 and 40 lower, 30 and 20 upper body PN. Yep I hurt. I'm a little bit confused. Your profile says 100% so an increase in the PN rating does not help you unless you are trying for SMC.

Some days I don't post much as it hurts my hands to type. Good days, bad days.

By the way, welcome aboard and thanks for your service. People seem to think the the Viet Nam war was over after 1970 because of the pull out of American troops. I was there in 1970 so I beg to differ. Less troops, more action.

Thank you for your service. Terry

Terry, with my prostate cancer on the rise. The PN alarms me more, because losing more use of my hands. I go to VA next week for two days more test and I guess they have a Primary doc I see also. I went to the a local hospital for Bone scan yesterday to see if the PC is there?:blink:

Thanks Keep in touch, and I feel the pain!

God bless you

Hello All,,,, I am kinda throwing this out there. I have severe PN of all extremities but with no DIABETES..... 4 thats right FOUR separate EMG and Neddle nerve conductivities test all positive but no DIABETES. I am still fighing at the Notice to Reconsider at a DRO . I also have IHD, Restricted lung disesase, Dry Eyes, and some more just tooo tired to list. All chemical exposure related and waiting so I ccan bite someone. Just kiddding but it is some tiring to say the least.I am still 0 nonservice connected. Thanks for all who have helped. God BLess, NEVER GIVE UP> C. C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• HadIt.com Elder

Capt.

What kind of chemical exposure disability are you trying for? I know that PN can be caused by chemical exposure, but even for AO vets it is almost impossible to prove on its own without having DMII. You should see the AO rules for proving presumptive disability from AO not secondary to DmII or some spine injury.

Hello John, You are right there about the DM II . I am under the direct exposure on my claim and not presumptive. I have several Dr. Nexus including a VA doctor for 3 total. It will have to be dealt with and will be hard to prove. Dr. B. said it was AO , chemicals VX and Sarin possibly and Nuclear all working in conjuction with each other. I will have to let it run its course and see. That is not to say that DM II won't show up later. I do realize it is an up hill battle because of the regs , but I still have the diagnosis and the strong Nexus letters to back it up. Any other thoughts would be appreciated. There is a way to service connect the PN thru the Herbicides and Dioxin part of the 38 CFR's and that is how I believe we are trying to go. Thank you again John for your help. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.