VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied

Rate this question

navydoc2

Question

I received my letter of denial today from SSD, it is the one that took nine months to decide at the reconsideration level. I know that the VA and SS are different agencies and one does not mean you're a shoe in to get the other. I just thought that I had the evidence to prove I can't do any work. I am rated TDIU, 80%. 70% depression with anxiety, 10% tinnititis, 10% left knee. I also had problems where I was passing out. I wore a halter monitor and it was determined that I was in 3rd degree heart block with pauses lasting as long as 20 seconds. I received a pacemaker a few months ago, as they and I hoped it would be corrected with this procedure. It was not I am still passing out, what job can I get where I pass out without warning; standing, sitting, walking. I was just told by a VA cardiologist that they may not find the problem until I die. What kind of diagnosis is that, he also said that it could be in my head, then why would you put a pacemaker in if it was in my head? If anyone can give advice it would be appreciated. I do have a lawyer who will ask for an ALJ hearing so the waiting continues. Thanks

/doc

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

There is always some judge or "Decider" who thinks a disabled vet could work as a greeter at Walmart. With SSD most have to get lawyers and just fight the power. I was lucky since I got it on my own but I had very professional doctors writing reports for me. They had done this kind of work before and knew just the proper words and I knew how to file out the self-questionaire. I still could have easlily been denied. I think they just flip a coin.

• HadIt.com Elder

basser,

Wake Up buddy !

This denial was the result of his request for reconsideration from SSA : - )

In that case there is a time limit for an appeal.

Get an attorney and be prepared to wait for a year.

J