VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Iu

Rate this question

Doc Kelly

Question

I am presently rceiving 80% disability with 50 % PTSD. My VA phychlogist recomends that I should not be working. I went to a Private Phychiatrist and she wrote a report recomending that I not work. I sent in the proper paper work to the VA along with report from Doctor. Also my therapist at the Vet center is in agreement. I have been woking as a Lic. Opticiam for 37 years but now work has become a stressor . I have extreme anxiety at work that makes work too difficult. Medication helps only slightlly. Upon the Doctors recommendation I quit work and am now just waiting for VA response. Just wanted to opinion as to my chances for 100% PTSD IU. Thanks, Doc Kelly

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It sounds like your evidence is good as long as

"Lic. Opticiam for 37 years but now work has become a stressor" is not misconstrued by the VA.

Did any of these doctor's statement say it is because of your SC disabilities that they consider you to be unemployable?

It sounds like your evidence is good as long as

"Lic. Opticiam for 37 years but now work has become a stressor" is not misconstrued by the VA.

Did any of these doctor's statement say it is because of your SC disabilities that they consider you to be unemployable?

Anxiety at work is related to PTSD from veitnam war. This info is availble to VA.

I have applied for PTSD IU. I have send VA all the required paper work including statement from private phychiatrist stating that she recomended that I stop working and I did. VA phychologist agrees that I should not work. Got letter from VA that I have an appointment with QTC Phychologist for eval.or something. I meet all the rquirments for PTSD IU 50% PTSD, 80% total is this appoitment a good or bad thing.

• HadIt.com Elder

It is a "necessary thing", neither "good" nor "bad".

For you to be awarded TDIU you must have a C&P exam...........just as in all cases for claims, regardless (I know, there ARE exceptions, but.....).

And, by-the-way, you did not actually file a claim for "PTSD IU", you filed a claim for an "increase in disability", but, that's neither here nor there at this point.

I assume, by your posting that you have already been "officially diagnosed" with PTSD by a VA psychiatrist or board certified psychologist?