VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Iu

Rate this question

Doc Kelly

Question

I am presently rceiving 80% disability with 50 % PTSD. My VA phychlogist recomends that I should not be working. I went to a Private Phychiatrist and she wrote a report recomending that I not work. I sent in the proper paper work to the VA along with report from Doctor. Also my therapist at the Vet center is in agreement. I have been woking as a Lic. Opticiam for 37 years but now work has become a stressor . I have extreme anxiety at work that makes work too difficult. Medication helps only slightlly. Upon the Doctors recommendation I quit work and am now just waiting for VA response. Just wanted to opinion as to my chances for 100% PTSD IU. Thanks, Doc Kelly

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Since you may be waiting for a while how will you live while you wait? This is a big factor in many vets not wanting to apply for IU since they have to wait maybe a year to get it. If you can arrange a money flow while you wait you won't lose 30 pounds due to worry.

Saw phycholgist today for PTSD followup with QTC for VA. She stated that she was putting that I am P&T plus some other info should this mean I've finally reached 100%

Thank you for your input, I have been diagnosed with PTSD by both a private phychiatrist and a VA phychologist 50%bPTSD 80 total. Just didn't fully undestant the process. I am not concerned about the interview, I think I know what to exspect. My first c&p exam didn't go as well as I had hoped,my fault, I just wasn't as prepared as I should have been,same for SS disability exam. It's a work in progress , I think this will get me where I belong since I can no longer work. Thanks again , Doc Kelly

Second and hopefully final C&P exam with QTC phycologist. Stated she was putting in my report P&T plus some othe important info. , should VA finally rate me as 100% or PTSD IU 100%? Thanks