VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Atlanta Ro's 2/14/2011 Numbers

Rate this question

JHawks

Question

ATLANTA RO

Week ..........................................% of Claims OVER 125 Days ........................................# of claims OVER 125 Days

12/6/2010 .....................................................45.9%......................................................................12,338

12/13/2010....................................................46.8%......................................................................12,714

12/20/2010....................................................47.9%......................................................................13,166

12/27/2010....................................................49.5%......................................................................13,784

01/03/2011....................................................51.3%......................................................................14,306

01/10/2011....................................................53.1%......................................................................14,906

01/15/2011....................................................54.4%......................................................................15,345

01/31/2011....................................................57.6%......................................................................16,491

02/07/2011....................................................59.1%..................................................................... 17,191

02/14/2011....................................................59.2%......................................................................17,360

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

How could any VARO be worse than St. Pete? I don't think it is possible. If you think about it you will go insane. I know Carlie got paid recently and she used St. Pete, so there is hope even from the edge of a black hole.

Good gosh NO, no need to get testy, just saying people all ready look at the RO's workloads

(these are nothing new) and those stats don't really tell chit about what's really going on and it's

certainly no way to actually judge what's really happening as far as claims go.

Every VARO has a backlog as does BVA and to continue posting about it doesn't

change or help a damned thing.

New members come here and see you posting about the Atlanta VARO

and they feel like they have no chance with their claim issues right from the get go.

A new one comes out every week - I guess I'm just kind of wondering if you feel

a need to post it each week and if so why ?

It would probably be more helpful to people if you posted a link so people

could check their VARO.

Carlie,

I just don't see where posting the Atlanta RO's numbers would scare off anyone. I would think any veteran would be wearing their "Big Boy / Big Girl" underwear at this stage in their life and would understand what the numbers mean.

Why hide the truth from any veteran in the first place? What would be gained from that? Wouldn't it be better for the veteran to know from the start that their claim will take more time than they have been lead to believe by the powers to be?

Case in point:

Ebenefits tells the veteran that the "Decision Phase" is 16-28 days based on the national average. A veteran would get his/her hopes up upon reading that statement and would be guarding their mailbox for the "Big Brown Envelope". The veteran may not notice that the rest of the sentence states "based on May, 2010 data". That data is 8 months old and clearly misrepresents the true time frame involved. This only adds to the stress and frustrations.

IRIS and the 800# folks also provide and use that same false, outdated data when responding to veterans.

I honestly don't believe any veteran would look at the numbers and decide not to file a claim. I do believe they will look at the numbers and understand that this process takes a good deal of time.

J-

Steady glide-slope upward, and probably not seasonal. Hope those working to reduce the budget for all those nasty entitlements realize that we are voters as well. A little money put towards reducing this sort of bottle-neck would go a long way in decreasing the numbers of back-pay issuances.

Carlie,

I just don't see where posting the Atlanta RO's numbers would scare off anyone. I would think any veteran would be wearing their "Big Boy / Big Girl"

underwear at this stage in their life and would understand what the numbers mean.

Why hide the truth from any veteran in the first place? What would be gained from that? Wouldn't it be better for the veteran to know from the start that

their claim will take more time than they have been lead to believe by the powers to be?

J -

Case in point:

Ebenefits tells the veteran that the "Decision Phase" is 16-28 days based on the national average. A veteran would get his/her hopes up upon reading that statement and would be guarding their mailbox for the "Big Brown Envelope". The veteran may not notice that the rest of the sentence states "based on May, 2010 data". That data is 8 months old and clearly misrepresents the true time frame involved. This only adds to the stress and frustrations.

IRIS and the 800# folks also provide and use that same false, outdated data when responding to veterans.

I honestly don't believe any veteran would look at the numbers and decide not to file a claim. I do believe they will look at the numbers and understand that this process takes a good deal of time.

JHawks,

Most new member's that get here haven't even been out to buy their underwear yet, many aren't at the Atlanta VARO

and new people aren't going to understand the workload reports.

Also, as you were advised elsewhere, VA is banging most of it's workload right now - at all VARO's into Nehmer claims

and this makes ALL of the workloads reports as they are becoming even more backlogged.

I did not imply that posting the workload reports would lead VBA claimant towards not filing a claim, but I did post

it would lead them towards not having much hope.

As I posted earlier the Atlanta VARO Monday Morning Workload Reports really don't provide answers to claimants

and if you want vets to know how their VARO rates on this issue it would be more helpful if you posted a link for

claimants to check out all VARO's and not you just posting Atlanta's on a weekly basis.

I did see a post in this thread where a member wanted to know about THEIR VARO, but there hasn't been a link

for all VARO's posted by you yet.

Apparently you have chomped onto these workload reports as some big new thing and it's old hat news, nothing new

and as always the numbers will just continue growing.

We have been in/ are still in, two wars, new presumptive conditions are now able to be granted and the backlog will

continue to grow.

I guess if there was actually some meat to naw on by posting the workload reports, I might see something helpful in it.

I see no meat - nothing but bare bone, so perhaps we just view this information differently.

• HadIt.com Elder

Let me add something -- look at the A.O. related data on the enclosed 2/14/11 sheet. 0%?

Hah!

ATLANTA RO

Week ..........................................% of Claims OVER 125 Days ........................................# of claims OVER 125 Days

12/6/2010 .....................................................45.9%......................................................................12,338

12/13/2010....................................................46.8%......................................................................12,714

12/20/2010....................................................47.9%......................................................................13,166

12/27/2010....................................................49.5%......................................................................13,784

01/03/2011....................................................51.3%......................................................................14,306

01/10/2011....................................................53.1%......................................................................14,906

01/15/2011....................................................54.4%......................................................................15,345

01/31/2011....................................................57.6%......................................................................16,491

02/07/2011....................................................59.1%..................................................................... 17,191

02/14/2011....................................................59.2%......................................................................17,360

post-1139-0-60316600-1297789674_thumb.jp