VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va's Latest Bulls*^t

Rate this question

JHawks

Question

VA set to reverse claims backlog by 2012

By Rick Maze - Staff writer

Posted : Monday Feb 14, 2011 9:46:51 EST Veterans Affairs Department officials say they can now see an end to the long nightmare of an ever-growing mountain of disability and compensation claims that has long infuriated veterans and their families.

By 2012, they expect dramatic improvements in both the speed and accuracy of claims processing.

But progress is difficult to discern now, at a time when VA has more than 783,000 pending claims — about 44 percent of them pending for more than 125 days. The total is up by 20,000 since the start of this year.

Edited by Tbird
Copyright Material - Please put link to story.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for posting this Jhawks-

"Increased complexity comes because compensation claims involve many more variables — and because of the sheer size of some of the files, he said."

This is certainly true and it pays when the vet can clearly word any secondary claims and also take the time to tab their specific medical records that support their claims-and even send copies of those records to VA in many cases.

The VA can compare the copied records you send them with the actual clinical record and that alone could sure save time.

No one at VARO has the time to really search an enormous set of records for the pertinent info many complex claims need.

VSOs and reps are not going to do it either.

If it is a claim for higher rating there is nothing better then telling them exactly why- with a comparison of the Schedule of ratings for the current SC % and then some copies of records that definitely would warrant the higher rating,why the rating should be higher.

• HadIt.com Elder

VA has had a temporary flood since I first filed June 1991. That would be 19 years plus but who is counting.

• HadIt.com Elder

As long as we are in a state of permanent war they will be a backlog of claims. Consider that the military has been at war for the last ten years. The people of the USA have not been at war, but the military has been at war for ten years using up the same people with Stop/Loss and back to back combat tours. I think about half of claims now are for mental injuries. These claims are complicated and tend to be long term.

• HadIt.com Elder

TestVet

I worked for the post office too. If that won't give you the blues nothing will. When I first got hurt at work that was the beginning of the end. I realized I would never be able to earn an honest living, so I had to start thinking.