VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Can I Help This Ver

Rate this question

red

Question

Hello to everyone, It has been quite some time since I have posted. Hope all are well or better. This is kind of a tough question since I am not sure I have all the info from the vet I am trying to help, but I do want to try. This vet is now drawing 20% for a service connected hearing issue. He has since had a bypass and has coronary heart problems. He tells me that his records are documented on sick call visits that he had hypertension when he was in the navy. He had 3 M.D.'s write letters to this effect to try and connect th H.B. pressure with his service. He told me he had a t.v. interview with the v.a. and had his rep from the dav with him.

Now, this has gone on for about 4 years, he called the 800 number and they told him it was still pending. He has since had his arteries in his neck operated on. He has had stints in his leg and has one kidney that is dead. He had still not heard anything and is ready to give up. Can anyone tell me what he needs to do? I feel for him and told him do not give up, this is what they want you to do. Do you think he has a chance. If he fails to gain more disability should he hire a lawyer. He needs help and if anyone can render it, I would appreciate it. Thanks to all for your service and continued help on this great board. Red

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

He needs to go down to his DAV office and sit on his reps desk!

I mean, after all, it is the DAV VSO that should be helping this vet out, simply because the DAV has his power of attorney, his records, etc., and SHOULD be up to speed on where and why his claim is where it is for such a long period of time. I am sure that there has been, in that period of time, either a denial or two and NOD's that have been filed and SOC's and SSOC's, yada, yada.

I am not trying to talk you out of helping him, but, with a case that is 4 years old you are biting of a pretty good chunk of problems..........................I wish you and he the best.

"Now, this has gone on for about 4 years, he called the 800 number and they told him it was still pending."

Can you scan and attach his last denial letter (cover personal stuff) or-if this is on BVA remand-can you give us docket and citation number?

"He tells me that his records are documented on sick call visits that he had hypertension when he was in the navy."

Does he have his SMRs and have you gone through them?

"He had 3 M.D.'s write letters to this effect to try and connect th H.B. pressure with his service." Did these IMOs comply with the IMO criteria here at hadit and iof so-why did the VA reject them?

"He told me he had a t.v. interview with the v.a. and had his rep from the dav with him."

Does he have a copy of any transcript that might have been prepared from the hearing?

Does he have copies of all C & P exam results?

Larry is right- these vet reps are supposed to help develop a claim.

I always get the post popping up first and then the replies and I started replying here before I read what Larry posted.

"I am not sure I have all the info from the vet I am trying to help, but I do want to try."

I hope the DAV has all the info they need to properly help him.

There isn't enough info here to possibly guess at whether he can get SC or not.

Thanks to all. This person just does not understand how to get the job done. He now tells me it has been just a year since he applied for more disability, that the full five years includes the time he had applied and received the 20% he was awarded. I told him to stay on top of the person from the d.a.v. that is helping him. He still may get an increase. Thanks again.