VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Migraine

Rate this question

Reddit

Question

I file for migraines for disability and i recieved 10 percent after an appeal.

Do you think the rating fit this. This is just for 1989 THRU NOV. 1993. ONCE AGAIN THEY DIDN'T HAVE ALL MY TREATMENT RECORDS.

8100 Migraine:

With very frequent completely prostrating and prolonged attacks

productive of severe economic inadaptability.................................................... 50

With characteristic prostrating attacks occurring on an average once

a month over last several months........................................................................ 30

With characteristic prostrating attacks averaging one in 2 months over

last several months.............................................................................................. 10

With less frequent attacks......................................................................................... 0

-------May 1989 Diagnosis at that time was H/ A Cephalagia,

-------Nov 1989 Seen in Urgent Care several times for Migraine headaches with sharp constant pain of frontal region proceeded by visual disturbance and accompany by nausea. I receive a consult to Neurology Clinic. Dr. E.D. Johnson, LT/MC/USNR

------Mar 19, 1990- Seen in Urgent Care for Migraine with headache over left eye associated with bilateral blurred vision, nausea and I receive another consult for

Neurology Clinic. Dr. A. Spears

-----July 1990—I was hospital at Naval Hospital Pensacola, Fl. for Migraine headaches after 72 hrs of sick in quarter.

----January 22, 1991, I was seen in the emergency room for migraine headaches and place SIQ for 24 hrs.

I had some migraines while station at Bethesda. When I was station in Norfolk, I had some attacks there here are some of them.

-------January 3, 1992Headache

------October 29, 1992 Migraine (sick in quarter 24 hours) treated with Mildrin, Fiornial

------January 6, 1993, migraine headache treated with mildrin the night before. (sick in quarters for 24 hrs).

------January 14, 1993 f/u on Migraine

------February 16, 1993, seen at Bayside Memorial Hospital, Norfolk, Va (sick in quarter for 24 hours).

------February 17, 1993 Migraine (sick in quarter for 48 hours)

------February 19, 1993 resolved Migraine

-----March 17, 1993 follow up on Migraine headache

-----July 19, 1993 Migraine headache night before (sick in quarters for 24 hours)

-----July 20, 1993 Migraine headache

-----November 1993 overseas physical- diagnosis with history of chronic migraines (for five years).

JUST MAKING SURE I AM NOT OVER LOOKING ANYTHING.:rolleyes:

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FROM START TO END TO GET TO 10%

MY APPEAL IS WITH THE BAV AN DI ONLY GOT 0% TO START

MINE SEEM MUCH WORSE AND CONTROLL MY LIFE AND WORK

I think I got the 10 percent because i had multiple items on my claim and they all came back 0 percent so they had to give me at least 10 percent.:rolleyes:

I'd file an appeal. The frequency might be the thing here - severity is evident. Do you have a VA neuro yet? If not, request one. Get the history into the VA system, and keep a daily journal. I found that by keeping record of daily activity/pain levels, I was able to get to 50% just by being honest, but having records. Don't record the migraines alone, but all headaches and duration. Have you had trauma?

Reddit,

What diagnostic code (DC) is your HA rated under ?

Are you sure they rated it under DC 8100 ?

What is stated in the Reasons and Bases Section of the

Rating Decision that granted SC at 10 % ?

Ok I know what you are talking about. I recieved 50 percent for migraines not after several years, but i am trying to figure out all the things that they did wrong with initial clam that I put in . In 1998, I file this for migraines and then appeal only to get 10%. I know there is something wrong with this claim and the rater that did it.

Just checking to see if I have a cue.:rolleyes:

Reddit,

What diagnostic code (DC) is your HA rated under ?

Are you sure they rated it under DC 8100 ?

What is stated in the Reasons and Bases Section of the

Rating Decision that granted SC at 10 % ?

Issue :

Service connection for migraine headaches(also claimed as dizzy spells)

Service connection for maxillary sinusitis(also claimed as allergic rhinitis)

Service connection for gastroesophageal reflux(claimed as gastroenteritis)

service connection for iron deficiency anemia.

Service connection for asthma and sciatic nerve damage.

Evidence:

Service medical records for the period May 1988 to September 1993

VA examination dated May 26,1998, Va Medical Center , Dublin GA

Service medical records for the period September 1993 to December 1997 could not be obtained for review. If these records

are located at a later date, this decision will be reconsidered. If a different decision results, that decision will be effective as of the date of the original claim.

DECISION

Service connection for migraine headaches is granted with an evaluation of 10% percent 12/11/1997.

Service connection for maxillary sinusitis is granted with evaluation of 0 percent

Serivice connection for gastroesphageal reflux is granted with eval. 0 percent

Service connection for anemia is granted with eval 0. percent.

asthma and sciatia nerve damage is denied, residuals of head and back injury is denied

REASONS AND BASES

The prior rating decision of December 1998 considered service connection for the condition at issue in the absence of medical records. We have now received and reviewed service medical records for the period May 1988 through September 1993. Service medical records for the period September 1993 to December 1997 could not be obtained for review. If the records are located at a later date, this decison will be reconsidered. If a different decision results, that decsion will be effective as of the date of the orginal claim.

<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"> I was granted service connect for migraine headaches effective December 11, 1997. It was established that my migraines was directly related to military service. I was assigned 10 percent disabling from December 11, 1997. The examiner diagnosed with migraine headache. (C&P examiner)

Here is ome of it.