VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Being Sent To Outside Psychiatrist

Rate this question

RonP

Question

The VA sent me to an outside Psychiatrist for evaluation and treatment, the Nemeyrer group is aware of my file going back to 2005, but heart condition started in 2003.

PTSD Moderate to Severe

Major Depressive Disorder

Dissociative Amnesia

The original VA Psychiatrist I was seeing was not effective in helping me.

He was 23 and thought Extreme Combat was a video game. No actual Knowledge of PTSD

I'm not sure he had a learners permit.

I complained to the Clinic Manager, and they assigned me to a true Psychiatrist, about 50 years old

and studied in the US. She is also an MD.

She offered me group therapy but after reading my latest C&P for my HEART CONDITION, Nemeyer case,

she denied me access to the group session, she said my heart could not take it

I live in the Philippines and fly to appointments, she has required me to have a companion where ever I go.

She says all I can Take is medical intervention through meds and counciling on an individual basis.

This all happened after a IHD C&P exam. MY ef is 28.

Are they doing this to further the guinea pig study or are they trying to build a stronger or weaker case for my PTSD ?

I am currently 62, have had a request for an increase 4 years ago and was denied by a contract Psycologist.

I am currently rated at 50 % on ptsd .

My Nemeyer case is being evaluated in San Diego California, I am seeing her in the Mindanao , Davao Region Of the Philippines.

I am originally from California and have been here 4 years. Th VA rep I have says my case is "being actively worked" , his words by San Diego.

Question////////I am flat broke , the VA has Not reimbursed me in 4 months, my VA rep says to call and reschedule due to illness, I have the FLU, honestly.

Will they accuse me of refusing treatment ? If I don't get funds in the next month, what do I do for the next appointment ?

I'm out of pocket $300 US each trip round trip, cards are maxed out, Travel Clerk and Embassy say wait your turn, funds are sent by Federal check only.

The kicker is the DR has not been paid in over a year and has 20 patients. She Can't quit because of fiduciary responsibility to client.

Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated, For some reason I feel this is a BAD Omen.

0331 / MachineGunner DMZ 67/68 Quang-tri

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

AT 23 I DOUBT IF YOU WERE EXAMINED BY A PSYCHIATRIST AND/OR PSYCHOLOGIST...UNLESS HE WAS A CHILD PROTERGE SOUNDS LIKE A SOCIAL WORKER. Nehmer cases are moving faster in all the VARO's now so maybe you will have better news soon especially since you have the Diagnoses already and treatment.

The VA has not paid you for going to the mainland for exams, and treatment if 4 months...what do they say is the reason? You better get your VSO on this as if you don't file within 30 days they may not pay you...some stupid thing they do at my VAMC, saying regs specify this...

Also how could they expect Dr's to do exams without reembursement? Stop giving VA employees Bonuses!!

I hope they get your claim validated soon and pay you your $. Have you spoke to the Patient Advocate at your VAMC regarding your travel pay, and appointments without having funds/transportation to get there? They may diresct you to one of the VP's to assist you along this too. Hope you get your dues FAST. GOOD LUCK!!

They are only sending me to a FOREIGN Facility, It is a clinic, they take your temp, can do xrays and have a staff Cardiologist. Services outside the US only have to provide the services they have available. Different rules outside the US.

I've been told to go back to the US for a better shake, homelessness is not a better shake.

This is the smallest clinic outside the US with the exception of Guam. I retired here 4 years ago as the xwife did not care for my PTSD attitudinal adjustment period.22 years down the tube. I just took a long walk , sold the harley and split.

They have no plans on sending me stateside, endure here or die. They do provide all my meds and give me a checkup every 6 months. The seeing the Psychiatrist is a new monthly thing. I think Nemeyr has something to do with it. my case was moved from here in Manila to SanDiego.

I have contacted the embassy, the Patient advocate, travel clerk, and clinic manager. I am told to wait my turn. When I filed for TDIU I was told by the VRO to get a job and get on with my life. I was 60 at that time, and had the same heart condition.

I just grin and bear it.

I just had to call the shrink and tell her the truth, I'm broke , and I have Pneumonia. She graciously asked when I got paid again and rescheduled the appointment for right after that. They say the Philippines is cheap. Do not try to live here on $960 a month. 60 % disability and house bound. The girls are fine, But ED kind of take the fight out of you with so many meds. You cant use any additives like STP....It will kill you dead, so you smile allot and hope for the best. in a dream. Of course we all know what dreams we have when we have ptsd..

Thanks for the reply, at least someone is listening. My VA rep called a congressman about this problem and the congressman said there was not 1 thing he could do about it.....Except cash his paycheck of course.

God Bless all you guys waiting, keep winding your watches.

AT 23 I DOUBT IF YOU WERE EXAMINED BY A PSYCHIATRIST AND/OR PSYCHOLOGIST...UNLESS HE WAS A CHILD PROTERGE SOUNDS LIKE A SOCIAL WORKER. Nehmer cases are moving faster in all the VARO's now so maybe you will have better news soon especially since you have the Diagnoses already and treatment.

The VA has not paid you for going to the mainland for exams, and treatment if 4 months...what do they say is the reason? You better get your VSO on this as if you don't file within 30 days they may not pay you...some stupid thing they do at my VAMC, saying regs specify this...

Also how could they expect Dr's to do exams without reembursement? Stop giving VA employees Bonuses!!

I hope they get your claim validated soon and pay you your $. Have you spoke to the Patient Advocate at your VAMC regarding your travel pay, and appointments without having funds/transportation to get there? They may diresct you to one of the VP's to assist you along this too. Hope you get your dues FAST. GOOD LUCK!!

I actually called the embassy in Manila and spoke to a someone that would not disclose there position, I had called the Ambassadors office. The non titled person said He said he would look into it.

4 hours later I got a call from the travel clerk in Manila and she said they would deposit the funds in my retirement account at the end of the month.

Maybe prayer and a phone call works sometimes. I had left her 31 voice mails over 4 months, I also wrote the patient advocate and titled it Emergency Relief.

Thanks to all of you who sympathized

RP

They are only sending me to a FOREIGN Facility, It is a clinic, they take your temp, can do xrays and have a staff Cardiologist. Services outside the US only have to provide the services they have available. Different rules outside the US.

I've been told to go back to the US for a better shake, homelessness is not a better shake.

This is the smallest clinic outside the US with the exception of Guam. I retired here 4 years ago as the xwife did not care for my PTSD attitudinal adjustment period.22 years down the tube. I just took a long walk , sold the harley and split.

They have no plans on sending me stateside, endure here or die. They do provide all my meds and give me a checkup every 6 months. The seeing the Psychiatrist is a new monthly thing. I think Nemeyr has something to do with it. my case was moved from here in Manila to SanDiego.

I have contacted the embassy, the Patient advocate, travel clerk, and clinic manager. I am told to wait my turn. When I filed for TDIU I was told by the VRO to get a job and get on with my life. I was 60 at that time, and had the same heart condition.

I just grin and bear it.

I just had to call the shrink and tell her the truth, I'm broke , and I have Pneumonia. She graciously asked when I got paid again and rescheduled the appointment for right after that. They say the Philippines is cheap. Do not try to live here on $960 a month. 60 % disability and house bound. The girls are fine, But ED kind of take the fight out of you with so many meds. You cant use any additives like STP....It will kill you dead, so you smile allot and hope for the best. in a dream. Of course we all know what dreams we have when we have ptsd..

Thanks for the reply, at least someone is listening. My VA rep called a congressman about this problem and the congressman said there was not 1 thing he could do about it.....Except cash his paycheck of course.

God Bless all you guys waiting, keep winding your watches.