VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C&p Exam

Rate this question

emandg

Question

I got a copy of my C&P exam from the local V.A. Clinic. The C&P examiner in it states that in essence that I am diagnosed with PTSD related to my combat experiences (vIetnam) and service connected them. All the symptoms were listed, medications being taken, continued trreatment through the V.A. yadayada...in the end where the Occupational and Social Imparments are listed, he put me down as having no OC imparment at all. It totally blew me away. I brought this up at my next therapy & psych appointment and was basically told that they know of this particular examiner and he always does that. What kind of crap is that ?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Yeah, some of the C&P docs are a-holes. Did your regular therapy/psych doc note disagreement? Have they opined as to your OC impairment?

• HadIt.com Elder

how does it match up with your work history suspensions from work, missed days due to PTSD issues? How many different jobs have you had since Nam? Are you retired now? Is it documented in your work history where they sent you to counseling due to work related issues with other employees or customers like the Post Office does they refer employees to EAP one of their docs put me on zoloft back in the 90s and gave me 2 weeks off to get adjusted to the meds it was administrative leave because I refused to let them use my sick leave or my annual leave for it I didn't ask for the time off and they were making me take it why should I have to use my benefits for it they were forcing it in the end that was the last time they wasted their efforts of sending me to EAP I really pizzed the Post Master off on that one rofl

your work history has to match the OC problems I have seen many people spend 30-40 years at the same compnay retire and then go to the VA and file for PTSD and claim it is stopping them from working when it never interfered in the past 40 years only now they see how it can add to the retirement checks

so the VA is looking at all the factors and the history needs to match the storyline