VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating For Parkinsons

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I have been trying to find the rating scale for Parkinson's, and can not locate it. Is there a rating for this?

Papa

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Berta,

I think the reason that it is not known is because the Heart condition and DMII has dominated these posts, and other Vet web-sites. I know of one Vet that got rated at 60% for PD. But, I still would think that the VA would rate this at 100%, and not make the Vet keep coming back everytime the disease gets worse. I know, its all about the money :rolleyes:

Papa

Berta,

I think the reason that it is not known is because the Heart condition and DMII has dominated these posts, and other Vet web-sites. I know of one Vet that got rated at 60% for PD. But, I still would think that the VA would rate this at 100%, and not make the Vet keep coming back everytime the disease gets worse. I know, its all about the money :rolleyes:

Papa

nope my husband didn't get a 100 percent for Parkinson's

Always remember VA will never "volunteer" a rating for more or higher percentage without prodding. Look at the TDIUs for examples. Porphyria Cutanea Tarda is another classic. DC 7815 is for application yet most PCT rated Vets get phlebotomies. VA is in the habit of giving you 10% based on the phlebotomies or for skin damage/scars/ or active pustules called bullous pemphigoids. What they will not tell you is that DC 7704 (Polycythemia Vera) is for application as it is the only one that offers a rating for phlebotomies. Result? 40% but you will never get this unless you ask for it. Parkinson's will go the same route as will TBIs. They'll start low and wait until you appeal to toss in the next higher rating. If you continue your appeal, they'll wait until five minutes before departure to the BVA after certification before reluctantly upping it again.

They're an insurance company and have the same mindset. Geico doesn't get rich and pay its shareholders if they are profligate and grant every claim for a fender bender that comes through the front door. They lowball. VA just took a page from their game plan and incorporated it into their modus operandi. Obvious claims get paid. Complicated ones with "iffy" evidence don't on the first trip around the block. Parkinsons is rare with respect to AO. They're out there but comprise less than 1% of AO claims currently. All that will change if we live long enough to come down with it. That's the trick, huh? 867,000 of us left and we're falling like flies.When there are only a thousand V Vets left, they'll recognize the plethora of autoimmune disorders such as Crohn's, UC, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Cryogloblulinemia. Same thing for all the Radioactive 50's Vets who glow in the dark. One day they'll say non-ionizing radiation is suspect which everyone knows already.

Best of luck and give the DCs a good going over. Justice is ever-evolving proposition rather than a static model. New interpretations of old jurisprudence are constantly being uncovered. If this were not the case, we'd only have single judge decisions at the CAVC. Since we still see 30 or more panel opinions and the occasional en banc emerge from 625 Wagonburner Lane NW, we can only assume there's more where Buie came from.

Buckwheat sends