VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tracking Houston Va Process For My Ao/ihd Claim

Rate this question

NSA-Saigon-ET

Question

I first filed a claim for AO/IHD back in 2008 and it was denied in 2009. Refiled in April 2010 at the Houston VA.

So this puts me in the Nehmer class with a EP of 681.

The claim sits there in Houston from April 2010. While it sits there with no action, it also stalls my local appeals.

I have been waiting since Feb 10,2009 for a local hearing and a DRO review for my oldest NOD.

Houston finally schedules a QTC stress test which is cancelled the first time then rescheduled first without telling me and finally getting it right the third time.

I submit to the stress test in August, 2010.

Then,

everything just sits there until Congress finally opens the floodgates on Nov1, 2010. But wait a minute...Houston continues to sit on my claim until Jan, 2011 and they finally send my claim to Waco to the Nehmer team.

I don't know why it took them 4 months to send it to Waco for Nehmer review, but it did.

Since my Cfile is now in Waco, my local appeals have to wait for the Cfile to return.

Waco states that they received it Jan 28, 2011 and promptly put it in the development mode

I called today and was lucky that the call center person stated a letter was sent out to me today and she read it for me. It was the stupid VA letter requesting more info.

She replied to it for me to send it to the rating as there was no new info I wanted to send in.

So now unless there are any more delays the VA can dream up then maybe I can get a rating decision on this issue.

Now I don't know how the other VARO's are handling this issue, but I have to say that Houston is by far one of the worst run federal institutions

that I have ever encountered in my 62 year life.

I only hope that there is enough retro in this decision for me to pack up and move out of this state. I want to transfer myself and household to Henderson, NV. I will happily wait for the VA there to give me my local appeals.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet