VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

I wanted to give everyone an update on my claim. I received a call today from VA and to my surprise on the other end of the phone was a rep from Salt Lake City stating that my claim was complete and the rating was 100%. After speaking with him for a while I came to realize that none of this was possible without the my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Once I thanked him (Jesus) I immediatly thought of the Moderators of this site and forum. Moderators, I am sorry for any harsh words that I may have said in the past, you seem to have kept a clear and level head and for that, I Thank YOU. For those out their that is having a panic attack or just plane mad at the VA for being late or lazy, Stand By, its coming.

A peice of advice,

"On your way to wonderful you have to pass through alright, once you get their take a look around because alright might be the place you end up!"

Bill Withers...

Everything is Alright.......................................................................

vet2010

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Great news and thanks for your kind words about the Moderators. It is not an easy job but it has to be done for the simple reason that Hadit has faced attacks that intended to destroy it.

Hadit is really here to help anyone who has trouble dealing with the VA or Veterans helping Veterans. Just saying a kind word or offering an acknowledgment to someone really means a great deal.

While I am on my soap box I hope that I don't see anymore members posting a news story or snippet and than asking for it to not be political.

Vet2010 I am glad that you won your claim for earned benefits. Stay here and encourage other Veterans if you can

I am unformiliar with the following, can you please explain what the following mean?

It's also going to be of importance to see if your 100 percent is adjudicated

as P&T

vet2010

Got my enevlope yesterday Was awarded 50% on ptsd claim filed in dec 09 so ive got some nice back pay coming. Only is i disagree they denied my claim for unemployability cause according to Social security disability im not. so im not sure if i should pursue that or be happy with what i got i think letter of award sounds a little funny sounds like i won a contest instead of bein in nam trying to survive

• HadIt.com Elder

I am unformiliar with the following, can you please explain what the following mean?

It's also going to be of importance to see if your 100 percent is adjudicated

as P&T

vet2010

It's going to be important to see if your claim is decided to be Permanent and Total (P&T).

If it is P&T, the form letter should state something like "No future exams have been scheduled" or they will just simply tell you that you are considered as being permanently and totally disabled.

When you are declared P&T, then there are other benefits that accrue, such as CHAMPVA health insurance for you dependents, chapter 35 benefits for your dependents for furthering their education, military ID card (referred to as the MWR (Morale, Welfare, Recreation) card or "the tan card), which gets you "on base" and into the bx, px or whatever they are calling the canteen these days. This MWR card, used properly, can literally save you hundreds of dollars a year (especially if you are in the mood for a new car, etc., because what you by "on base" is tax-free.

Anywho, I be proud of you for hangin in there.

• HadIt.com Elder

I just talked to a friend of mine from Vietnam. I am putting on the pressure to get him to file a claim for at least his DMII. There are many, many vets out there who have claims but who do not get around to making a claim. I bet there are just thousands who don't understand the benefits involved in getting TDIU or 100% if they can't work. The VA should be doing outreach to these people and I know they are not. The states don't do outreach and why should they? It might mean they ger less tax revenue. This friend from Nam is living in poverty with his sick wife and is just getting around to possibly filing a claim. I don't like to harp on it, but if he croaks now before he gets TDIU or 100% for all his problems his wife will get nothing.