VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well, I Am Still Alive...

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

I know in the last few to 6 months I have been a pain somewhat on this board on my "connecting the dots" issues. Well it has been connected!!!! I went to a private Neurologist who ordered an MRI on my CSpine and the results:

At C5-6 on the left side, a disc herniation is present into the left foraminal area resulting in left foraminal stenosis:

Which if some don't know is causing me to have pain in both my arms and hands, greater in left more than right side and is causing the left trapezius muscle to spasm so tight that it is causing me to have shortness of breath and chest pains (possible pinching a nerve) which in turn is causing my Anxiety. All of these have been filed with new claims for secondary to my SC'd neck issues. Now I have proof and my VA primary doctor cannot deny it was all in my head. Even the VA Psych Doctor told me yesterday that I do not have the "normal" Anxiety that is psychological but it is more physiological which means it is because of the muscle spasms. The symptoms I feel are real and painful and whenever my chest burns with pain it is because it is the muscle spasm tightening up. So if anybody is having the same issues please, please go see a private Neurologist and Neurosurgeon and let them make a diagnoses because these internal medicine does are just going by symptoms not the problem then they make these so called diagnoses that does not live up to their degrees......BTW I had a CT and CTA which both came back normal both ordered by the Neurologist, something the VA Doctor never ordered to rule out anything.

I did have a VA Nuclear Stress done and it did come back "Minor Abnormal Stress Test" but I was told on the phone by the cardiologist office that the cardiologist will have to diagnose what it was. The person on the phone talking with me assured me that it was minor and and if it was major I would have to see the cardiologist ASAP. But since it's not then I will see him in early March.

Current claims in process:

Bilateral Radiculopathy in both arms

Bilateral Radiculopathy in both shoulders

Radiculopathy in my left trapezius muscle causing it to spasm with pain

Radiculopathy in both hands with CTS greater in left than right

Above all secondary to my cervical SC'd

Radiculopathy in both legs

Radiculopathy in right buttocks

Both secondary to my lumbar SC'd....

and of course Anxiety which the VA Psych said I had.

7 things secondary....

What is funny about all of this is that last May 2010 I had a CSpine MRI with the VA and they said I only had a C5-C6 bulge. Then not even a month later I started having the shortness of breath and pain in my arms, etc....I don't get it. How did they only see a bulge but a private radiologist now has seen a herniation but I haven't injured myself onetime? Kind of makes you think, hmmmmmmmm about the VA...

Edited by rpowell01

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Our claim is a very personal thing and to each of us connecting the dots is important part of getting the benefits that we earned.

Glad that you got what you needed.

• HadIt.com Elder

If I had a stress test that came back abnormal I would not take the word of "someone in the office" that it is minor. Was this a test done at the VA? You know they bury their mistakes.

Well I found that out john999 and so I might go see a private cardiologist about this but again that will probably take a few weeks to even get the stress test done and to follow up on the results....I know a Cardiologist so I think I am going to see him to see what he says...

I think sometimes we wonder why one Dr can see/evaluate an illiness or read a diagnostic test and determine the result, then I remember the old adage " What do you call the person who graduates at the bottom GPA of his/her medical school? DR. :tongue: Seriously, I hope your claim results in positive action.