VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Done

Rate this question

Arizona Garry

Question

Hello everyone,

I filed a claim in July, and had my C&P in August according to ebenifits they have received all required information

and my claim is in the development phase and has been for approximately 8 months.

I have heard nothing from the VA, can anyone give me an estimate on how long it takes to move to the determination/award phase?

Should I wait or go back to the regional office here in Phoenix.

Any advise? Thank you

Garry T

MSGT USMC (ret)

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I would go to your VA Medical Center ROI (release of information) and get a copy of your C&P. This should tell what determination the examiner made. I got my final decision three weeks after my C&P but I think that was unusual. I had a copy of the C&P and from the doctors conclusions I was confident that my claim would be awarded and it was.

• HadIt.com Elder

All the VARO's are different but usually you can expect a decision 60 to 120 days after your C&P. It sounds like you may need to check a little closer. Your Service Officer should be able to help you or give a gentle nudge to the VARO.

If its not to much trouble sometimes a trip to the VARO and ask them face to face. Just ask for a Councilor and than ask them.

I am more or less speaking from my personal experience in Texas.

All the VARO's are different but usually you can expect a decision 60 to 120 days after your C&P. It sounds like you may need to check a little closer. Your Service Officer should be able to help you or give a gentle nudge to the VARO.

If its not to much trouble sometimes a trip to the VARO and ask them face to face. Just ask for a Councilor and than ask them.

I am more or less speaking from my personal experience in Texas.

I have had my reconsideration claim with the VAro in Phoenix since October. It went to the rating board in November where it still is in hibernation. I think when spring comes it may possible thaw out. I don't want to get your hopes up, but between what the 800# says and what Monday reports states, there doesn't look like there is an estimate when this will be done. Perhaps within 9 month at the earliest for me. I will post when it happens so everyone will get an idea whats going on. However thousands of new claims are going in monthly now. More claims are going in then are being decided. I have taken 2 vacations hoping when I got back I would have something. Keep your hopes up. These claims are just taking quite a bit longer now!