VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Darvon

Rate this topic

Hey Everyone,

I has just come to my attention that there is a class action for the pain killer Darvon, if you have ever taken it and it was widely prescribed in Vietnam for pain relief and you have had Heart attacks, or have severe cardiac problems you may be a class member. I heard about this a few days ago then remembered my husbands service medical records are riddled with Darvon prescriptions to cope with pain, migraines,back pain etc.

So check you medical records and look it up online: Darvon class action.

Jst thought I would give a heads up.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

It is not just Heart attacks, It also includes Arrythmas, and other stuff with the heart.

Personally, I would stay away from any class action as the claimants get little money but the attorneys get paid big sums.

Medical evidence is necessary to determine when you had started taking the drug and when you suffred your first Heart issue.

Anyhow, Mine has been sent off for several weeks.

J

Hey Everyone,

I has just come to my attention that there is a class action for the pain killer Darvon, if you have ever taken it and it was widely prescribed in Vietnam for pain relief and you have had Heart attacks, or have severe cardiac problems you may be a class member. I heard about this a few days ago then remembered my husbands service medical records are riddled with Darvon prescriptions to cope with pain, migraines,back pain etc.

So check you medical records and look it up online: Darvon class action.

Jst thought I would give a heads up.

Darvon was widely used in the U.S. during the 60's and 70's so it's not surprising that it was the VA's drug of choice. It was prescribed for me during AIT at Fort Polk.

Thanks for the heads up on the class action hawkfire27.

Edited by chr49

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA was one of the first ones to quit using it as it was taken off the formulary several years ago. I got mine through a Private Doc.

J