VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc Additional Disability Ratings Are Added, Not Combined

Rate this topic

PR, believe me, it was MY pleasure! I faxed my CUE a few moments after my previous post. As I was composing it, I realized that I had crossed every t, and dotted every i. I didn't want to leave anything to doubt/question, hence the reason it is so long. I even used some of the wording of one VA Legal Precedence (that was my little way of slapping them) I felt my heart racing. I (literally) had to check my bp and pulse rate (both were significantly high) after I received confirmation that my fax sent, successfully. Now comes the waiting game. When will they make the award. I suspect they will try and say that my TDIU was based on a combined rating, which I can prove was requested. based on one specific disability only, rated at 70%. I already have prepared a response, should they try and claim that, including CAVC interpretation of law.

The excitement I felt, when I realized that I "nailed" them, will be nothing compared to the excitement I will feel, when/if others are able to use this work to obtain the compensation they are rightfully owed. We, Veterans, are a family of sorts, we may not always agree with each other, may argue with each other, may not like one another, but we are a family none the less. I think the wait to hear if others are helped, is going to be more difficult to handle, than my own claim! Gee, can't tell I'm excited, can you?!

Duh, I just realized something else that helps in "proof" of additional ratings being ADDED..... http://www.benefits.va.gov/warms/M21_1.asp Clearly shows SMC ratings.... L+K, L+2K,.......R(N+R(1)A&A),(N½+R(1)A&A

This is from the M21-1 manual!!! I do not know why I didn't think of that one before, as I've looked at that table before! The SMC ratings are added there, so common sense says any rating over 100% must be added also.