VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Hearing Aids

Rate this question

Route Clearance

Question

Just wondering how long it usually takes the VA to get your hearing aids in after they took molds of your ear. This is for behind the ear half dome. And can you call the audi at the VA and see if they are in? The reason I ask is because I got my molds done yesterday but my fitting is not till may 11th because they are so back logged. so i was hoping i could call and see if they were ready then try to get in sooner on a cancellation.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Just wondering how long it usually takes the VA to get your hearing aids in after they took molds of your ear. This is for behind the ear half dome. And can you call the audi at the VA and see if they are in? The reason I ask is because I got my molds done yesterday but my fitting is not till may 11th because they are so back logged. so i was hoping i could call and see if they were ready then try to get in sooner on a cancellation.

You can, but this is for an appointment as they are so backed up. And if the hearing aids break, you will have to make an appointment for them to see you so they can send them in for repair. Then it is another month or so before they come back!

• HadIt.com Elder

Call the hearing clinic and ask what time they take walk ins. Than you can go sign in wait a little while and walk out with your hearing aids. I know in Dallas they see walk ins almost every day

• HadIt.com Elder

Like Pete said, the Dallas VAMC hearing clinic takes walk-ins from around, like, 1100 to 1300 hrs.

I don't understand one thing: If these hearing aids are for "behind the ear", with the little plyable rubber-like domes..............what is the "mold" for?

When I got my Phonax hearing aids, the doc just tried out a couple different size "domes", showed me how to use the things and I was "in business".

just sayin............