Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
fielg

Agent Orange

Question

My husband had a C&P exam (15 minutes long) for IHD. Will they order further tests? Stopped by the regional office to get a copy of his last C&P (conducted a year ago) exam and they told us they did not have to release them until they responded to our claim. IS THAT TRUE??

Filed a SF 95 form 7 months ago but have not heard back. We are nearing the 2 year deadline for discoverey of malpractice in a couple of months - Do we need to file a Malpractice suit in Federal Court. Does VA

have to respond to our SF 95 in writing or can they never respond? They have sent letters but not lately. I thought if they denied us in writing then we had a certain time period after that denial letter to file malpractice suit. Can they just sit on it and not send any reply back to us and cause us to miss the court deadline?

After getting all my husband's records, I found a big discrepancy on catscans between VA and private hospitals. Private hospitals in 1979 and every catscan since brought up Lung Scarring on both lungs. The 1994 Agent Orange test and every other VA catscan never mentioned his lungs. As a matter of fact, the 1994 and one of his C&Ps mentiion he did not have ateclasis. Has anyone else experienced discrepancies in testing.

This website is such a comfort to me as we are waiting and dealing with VA. I want to thank everyone that contributes with their valuable knowledge and experiences.

You need to contact a tort attorney and get it filed before the 2 year period is up.

Cat scans are always different when it comes to atelactasis, it can come and go. What was the scarring issue?

J

Ad

You need to contact a tort attorney and get it filed before the 2 year period is up.

Cat scans are always different when it comes to atelactasis, it can come and go. What was the scarring issue?

J

My husband had at least 20+ cat scans. On all the non-VA hospitals the atelactasis showed up on scan and report. On the VA Hospital scans they never reported the atelactasis. One of the C&P docs stated in his report that HE DID NOT HAVE atelactasis. When he had his Agent Orange testing they stated that he had no lung problems or scarring in 1994. In 1979 the lung scarring showed up when he was having surgery at a non-VA hospital.

Thanks for the advice of the attorney.

My husband had a C&P exam (15 minutes long) for IHD. Will they order further tests? Stopped by the regional office to get a copy of his last C&P (conducted a year ago) exam and they told us they did not have to release them until they responded to our claim. IS THAT TRUE??

Regarding getting a copy of IHD exam....When I got my C&P exam; I remember signing a form that indicated the doctor would not release any info about the exam to me.... About two weeks after the exam, I called the Local va office(Las Vega,NV) they advised me that they would not give me the results till after a decision was made.......

Hang in there,,,the rating is just around the bend.... What VA office are you dealing with?

Thomas

Filed a SF 95 form 7 months ago but have not heard back. We are nearing the 2 year deadline for discoverey of malpractice in a couple of months - Do we need to file a Malpractice suit in Federal Court. Does VA

have to respond to our SF 95 in writing or can they never respond? They have sent letters but not lately. I thought if they denied us in writing then we had a certain time period after that denial letter to file malpractice suit. Can they just sit on it and not send any reply back to us and cause us to miss the court deadline?

After getting all my husband's records, I found a big discrepancy on catscans between VA and private hospitals. Private hospitals in 1979 and every catscan since brought up Lung Scarring on both lungs. The 1994 Agent Orange test and every other VA catscan never mentioned his lungs. As a matter of fact, the 1994 and one of his C&Ps mentiion he did not have ateclasis. Has anyone else experienced discrepancies in testing.

This website is such a comfort to me as we are waiting and dealing with VA. I want to thank everyone that contributes with their valuable knowledge and experiences.

"Has anyone else experienced discrepancies in testing. "

Yes.Sort of. It was part of my FTCA claim -not in 'discrepancies' but in failure to do follow ups to what the tests revealed.

"Stopped by the regional office to get a copy of his last C&P (conducted a year ago) exam and they told us they did not have to release them until they responded to our claim. IS THAT TRUE??"

When either Section 1151 38 USC claim or a FTCA claim is filed, the VA will often refuse to send further copies of any VA medical records.

Has the VA done a Peer Review yet on the FTCA claim?

Have you contacted the RC or the OGC to see what gives on the SF 95?

Have you obtained an independent medical opinion that reveals VA malpractice?

This stuff is best dealt with by attorneys.

"Has anyone else experienced discrepancies in testing. "

Yes.Sort of. It was part of my FTCA claim -not in 'discrepancies' but in failure to do follow ups to what the tests revealed.

"Stopped by the regional office to get a copy of his last C&P (conducted a year ago) exam and they told us they did not have to release them until they responded to our claim. IS THAT TRUE??"

When either Section 1151 38 USC claim or a FTCA claim is filed, the VA will often refuse to send further copies of any VA medical records.

Has the VA done a Peer Review yet on the FTCA claim?

Have you contacted the RC or the OGC to see what gives on the SF 95?

Have you obtained an independent medical opinion that reveals VA malpractice?

This stuff is best dealt with by attorneys.

We have an attorney. We have a strong IMO attesting to the malpractice and 2nd physician stating malpractice. Attorney will contact OGC again. Will be filing malpractice claim