VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Status

Rate this question

Question

The latest response I got from IRIS was that my claim was now at the rating agency and they were waiting on my medical file from the VA doctors. Can someone explain exactly what this means? I thought our VA medical records were all online? I was told a few weeks ago that the RO had already received my C&P exams and were waiting for my medical file from the Va doctors??? Shouldn't they have all this information already?

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top are you presently employed?

If not has your rep suggested filing for TDIU?

Then again I feel the VA will consider you for TDIU based on the C & P you received and the 60% SC you have now.

I think it is best to wait out their decision as I expect them to send you the TDIU form.

Others might disagree and say send it now-gee I saw John beat me to it----he sees TDIU potential too.

I do agree with him that they will give you a good award.If they don't we will help you get what you deserve!!!!!

I am so glad you had a sister veteran who stood by you and urged you to file this claim.

I am currently working, although through the years it has been an extreme struggle at times. I didn't realize what was wrong, why I did things I did, the anger outbursts, not being able to get along with co-workers, actually being asked to "take the day off" sometimes. I am fortunate to be able to work from home most of the time,which helps alot.

I have to say I am ignorant when it comes to TDIU - I really don't understand what it is and how it works. Any input would be appreciated; however, please explain it to me as if I were a 10-year old. I have problems retaining information.

Im new to the site.I did a c and p for an IU(form 21-8940) last year and I have a copy of the notes.The physician put in the notes that there was marked psychological over-lay(what does this mean).Im rated at 30% for ptsd but I did not recieve a c and p exam for it.I spoke with a VA Rep and I was told that they had enough evidence already on the ptsd I guess because I see a therapist regularly.And my claim is ready for a decison.Need help Im confused.

Bt40: I don't have enough experience to offer any advice to you, but I am confident that those on this site that do will be able to help you. I really don't understand a lot of the jargon I get from the VA, sometimes it is like a foreign garbled language to me. I have found that I get better information when I use the IRIS system; however, sometimes those answers are confusing as well. I've also done some research on my own by using google to figure out what certain phrases mean.

I am sure that someone will provide you with more information. This is a wonderful site - I wish I had found it a long time ago.

Take care.

"sometimes it is like a foreign garbled language to me"

We have all been there on that!

TDIU is Total Disability due to Individual Unemployability.It is a medical determination.

When VA awards 70% for SC and has reason to believe you are not employed they usually defer a TDIU decision and send you the 21-8940 form.

However by personal experience I learned years ago that regardless of what SC rating you have, if you are unemployable due to your SC ,then you should apply for TDIU yourself with the 21-8940 form.

And by all means any vet who receives SSDI benefits solely for their SC condition should definitely apply for TDIU and nnder # 18 check off Yes and then under # 25 remarks expand on that in an additional page (put your C file number ,name and address on it, and explain exactly what the SSDI is for.

Tell them if VA Voc Rehab ever turned you down solely due to your SC and tell them of any side affects of SC meds that would prohibit or hinder employability-like do not take and drive, causes confusion etc etc.