VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Stolen Valor Act

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.homeofheroes.com/herobill/

Did anyone just catch on MSNBC News the name of the guy from this web site?

He mentioned a few notorious fraudulent vets who have been caught-

He also said something that definitely makes sense-

these wannabee heroes often wear too much (one guy was wearing 8 Purple Hearts-forget who- someone will know it- he impersonated a decorated MArine and had the Medal of Honor with a "V" device on it- which is ridiculous -) and as he said they TALK too much-

As a vets advocate for a long time- I seem to get turned off real quick by anyone with a long detailed war story-you men and women know what I mean-

there is just something odd about any veteran who claims combat and then starts to reveal right away all the blood and guts but they cannot corroborate any of it for a VA claim.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It is always SF with three tours in Vietnam, silver star, 3 purple hearts but they seem just fine and many have jobs.

• In Memoriam

I knew an Army guy in California, that I thought could be a phony. Rick, kept going on about different long Viet Nam war stories. He would only tell these stories to me and a few others, because he knew I was a Nam Vet and a friend.

I was in doubt about his stories. I helped him every chance that I got, in spite of the fact, that I found some of his stories incredible or remarkable.

Another friend, Disabled Helicopter Pilot Vet who was shot-down over Nam several times, told me that he didn't believe Rick. Rick was living in his home. These are both great people. I should have known at that time that the Helo Pilot had PTSD. Joe, is still a pain in the ass, but he is my friend. Looks like Hoss.

After I left Calif a couple of years ago, I found out that Rick won his 100% claim, and he was awarded about $95,000. back pay award. He also got the medals that were awarded him. He was unemployed for years, and he was fighting his claims for 30 years. I felt like kickin Joe's butt.

A few months ago, I found out that Rick died of a heart-attack. Many people called me to tell of Ricks death, because they knew that he was my friend. I was so ashamed of not believing him completely. This is about one of the worst feelings that I have ever had. I didn't get back to talk to him soon enough. Sorry Rick, my friend.

• In Memoriam

There was another Nam Vet acquaintance (friend) of Rick's and mine. Terry, use to say that after a couple of weeks with out a shower, that you don't even smell anymore. heheheheheheheh

Rick told Terry, "You crazy, bastard, you get use to your own smell, but to me you wreek."

Terry, looked at me seriously, and he said, "Is that true, Mike?" hehehehehehehe

I just couldn't stop laughing.

Social isolation growing in U.S., study finds

Many Americans have 'less of a safety net of close friends and confidants'

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13493733/

• HadIt.com Elder

I will say this for me someone who claims they served in Nam I accept them on their word till somethings shows me differently. There can't be near as many lying wannabess as their are lying and crooked politicians.

I saw General Wesley Clark speak a couple of weekends ago and I think that I will support him to be the Democratic Nominee for President. Those who know me are surprised as I don't usually give a flip about Retired Army Generals.

• HadIt.com Elder

Somehow the democrats may snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. If the war keeps getting worse in Iraq and Afghanistan all they have to do is just stand their and they will get votes. I like that guy Feinstein in the senate. I don't understand the dems who support the war. They want to take on the republican disaster and make it their own. Nixon ran on a so-called plan to get out of Vietnam and not to stay.