VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Getting Anxious Now

Rate this question

boricuarage

Question

5 more hours and I will be in the examiners office doing my c/p mental exam. i stayed up till 4 in the morning because i was thinking about this day.

wasn't nervous until now, I'm getting pretty anxious. good thing wife is coming, but same time it be tough because i would have to share my experience

of iraq which i do not like to talk about. been almost 7 years since I felt the heat of iraq; yet i can feel it every single breathing day. on a good note I heard

nothing but good things about the examiner, but do not want to be naive about it. I will be open, but I hope I won't go in one of my outburst spells. No

I will not. I know they are there to help. I wish I can get of my meds 4ever.

Bori

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Being nervous about a C&P Exam is normal. It really is no0t that big a deal cause your claim is pretty much decided by your medical evidence and the C&P just formalizes the diagnosis and sometimes the prospects for recovery.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Just be honest!!! Tell the examiner how it's affecting/effecting your daily life and relationships. Don't hold back!! You'll probably cry but then I haven't met anyone w/PTSD who doesn't. Eye contact is important. The more eye contact you have the less sick you are. It's important to admit suicidal and/or homocidal thoughts/ideation. They won't drag you away and it does have bearing on how they'll rate you. The less problems you have the lower your rating. Good luck! jmo

pr

5 more hours and I will be in the examiners office doing my c/p mental exam. i stayed up till 4 in the morning because i was thinking about this day.

wasn't nervous until now, I'm getting pretty anxious. good thing wife is coming, but same time it be tough because i would have to share my experience

of iraq which i do not like to talk about. been almost 7 years since I felt the heat of iraq; yet i can feel it every single breathing day. on a good note I heard

nothing but good things about the examiner, but do not want to be naive about it. I will be open, but I hope I won't go in one of my outburst spells. No

I will not. I know they are there to help. I wish I can get of my meds 4ever.

Bori

Good luck with you exam today! Just be honest and you should be just fine. Rockman has his on the 8th & is also very anxious. He, also, has been told that the examiner is very good at her job and he has a good one to do the C & P exam. I am glald that you did not wait as long as he did. He waited almost 40 years to get help. May God be with you on your visit. Let us know how it went. Take Care of yourself.

Mrs. Rockman

Good luck to you; my advise on the past, accept the things you can't change, maybe people will see the new "you" and accept you for who you are. Peace.

Buddy

well after 4 and a half hours . I finish my exam. it was a long tedious process especially the questionaire. Just to to long.

The examiner was straight foward and even help me out at times, but of course he said that all he can do is write and it's all in the raters hand, but he does see a rating. by the way where can I request copies of my exam when it's all done? and how long I have to wait before I can get my results?