VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Knee C&p Exam

Rate this question

Rhodesia

Question

Hello, I'm going to have a C&P exam for my left knee as a secondary claim for Scars/Arthritis. Since I was turned down for an increase due to surgery.. My medical records due state that I have arthritis and scars due to the past two surgerys on my knee. My question is has anyone received a service connected claim for these two conditions? Also what kind of exam does this involve? Thanks for any input. Cheers

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Hello, I'm going to have a C&P exam for my left knee as a secondary claim for Scars/Arthritis. Since I was turned down for an increase due to surgery.. My medical records due state that I have arthritis and scars due to the past two surgerys on my knee. My question is has anyone received a service connected claim for these two conditions? Also what kind of exam does this involve? Thanks for any input. Cheers

I have for the arthritis on knee. The exam is mainly to see if you have lost any range of motion in your knee. If not the most you will probably get is 10% No Idea on scars though.

Finished my C&P exam for my left knee as a secondary claim for Scars/Arthritis, I saw a Nurse Practioner, for the exam, don't know if this is a good thing for not. But he did take the time to do the exam, and I thought I received a good exam. He was reading off a questioner from the rating board for him to ask must be standard questions they go by. Well he did the range of motion, pressed down on my scars to see if I had any pain stil after a year which he found out I still do to my scars from my last two surgerys for my left knee. He also looked at the MRI and X-rays and attached them to the report, read that past doctors notes about arthritis. He said he will note to the rating board that the MRI shows that I have a very bad ACL what ever that means but it did not sound good. He pulled on my knee and told me it was not suppose to be moving like that and I had too much play between the upper and lower knee. He also noted for them that I wear a metal brace for my left knee on a perminate basis except for going to bed. H e was also confused why the rating board did not give me something for this because I should have gotten atleast a 10% for the brace. I did tell him that I applyed for the clothing allowence because of the brace I won't hearing back until august of 2011.

Now I will wait until monday and pull the C&P exam to see how it went. Thanks for the input. Cheers