VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd/mst Claim

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

June 2010 I started treatment for ptsd and later that month I opened a claim for ptsd.

Jan 2011 C&P pending.

Feb 2011 doctors diagnosed that my SCed asthma is a misdiagnoses and is really severe anxiety.

Mar 2011 Found out that C&P canceled had been canceled. Also that my claim is at the decision phase.

I was sexually assaulted three different times. One of which involved them robbing my room which I called MPs and reported physical assault and robbery. (did not report rape) At the time my mother and senator were both informed of my problems (but not the rapes)

My questions are:

why would they cancel my C&P exam after finding out that my SCed asthma is actually severe anxiety? ( asthma meds never helped much and after being put on ptsd meds breathing got a lot better.)

My social worker left for medical reasons and I have been seeing the doctor once a week that does C&P exams for my therapy. Could this be why no C&P?

Does the fact that I been through 9 jobs since 2006 and have a combined number of over two years without work help my case?

Is it a good sign that it took under three months at the rater level? (Not sure how long but it is def under 3 months)

Does providing a very detailed stressor letter of what I remember relative to personal/sexual assault help?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, I think a very detailed stressor letter will help and also some documentation. Was there a particular reason why you did not report the rapes at the time? Do you have physical evidence of an assault? That is going to matter.

Yes, I think a very detailed stressor letter will help and also some documentation. Was there a particular reason why you did not report the rapes at the time? Do you have physical evidence of an assault? That is going to matter.

They had a room right next to me and I have read other stories of how the victim gets treated when reporting it. So I found it in my best interest to keep my mouth shut and get discharged asap. The police report is validated by my room mate in regards to items stolen. The knife was recovered by the MPs but there was never any finger print test done to my knowledge.

It just sucks that a report of rape is a make or break in these claims. Anyone that knows how these are handled in service knows keeping quite and getting away from it is the safe thing to do. Besides the shame and thinking that it was my fault that it happened.

Called the 800# today and the guy I talked to said the same thing the doctor said to me. "You provided a very detailed stressor letter and that maybe all that is required aside from the evidence gathered at the duty station in which the incident took place." So I am feeling a little more hopeful. I know the va doctors are talking out of their a$$e$ in regards to claims but I hope in this case it isn't.

• HadIt.com Elder

Has a VA Doc diagnosed you with PTSD?

Good luck I hope that you win.

Are you able to work?

Have you applied or are getting SSD?