VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd/mst Claim

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

June 2010 I started treatment for ptsd and later that month I opened a claim for ptsd.

Jan 2011 C&P pending.

Feb 2011 doctors diagnosed that my SCed asthma is a misdiagnoses and is really severe anxiety.

Mar 2011 Found out that C&P canceled had been canceled. Also that my claim is at the decision phase.

I was sexually assaulted three different times. One of which involved them robbing my room which I called MPs and reported physical assault and robbery. (did not report rape) At the time my mother and senator were both informed of my problems (but not the rapes)

My questions are:

why would they cancel my C&P exam after finding out that my SCed asthma is actually severe anxiety? ( asthma meds never helped much and after being put on ptsd meds breathing got a lot better.)

My social worker left for medical reasons and I have been seeing the doctor once a week that does C&P exams for my therapy. Could this be why no C&P?

Does the fact that I been through 9 jobs since 2006 and have a combined number of over two years without work help my case?

Is it a good sign that it took under three months at the rater level? (Not sure how long but it is def under 3 months)

Does providing a very detailed stressor letter of what I remember relative to personal/sexual assault help?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was diagnosed with ptsd in August 2010 by a doctor after my social worker gave me a few multiple choice forms. No I haven't applied for anything else. This week I am going for my physical to start a federal job in the next 60 days; however, my social worker and doctor both think I will eventually be fired or quit due to the ptsd. Social worker "marked" me as unemployable and doctor shares my need and determination to hold a job.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hmmmm....you can't get TDIU and work at the same time. What agency are you going to work for? If it is the post office you probably will be on the street pretty soon because they are mean. If you call in sick the first 90 days you will be fired most like. What you will find is that if you can get by probation period you can probably hang in for a while, but if you miss work your work life is really going to suck. It will be better if you hang in long enough to get fired. Don't quit because that makes it harder to get TDIU. If you tell them you have PTSD they won't hire you even though that is illegal. They will find some reason not to hire you. These agencies are afraid of people with PTSD. If you want the job you must tell them you have not be officially DX'ed with PTSD.

The job is a in door job in which I just have to restore chairs, tables, ect along with helping the cleaning department when they need help. it is a GS-5 pay grade and requires the bare min security clearance. The HR lady referred to it as "trustee clearance".

She also said 80% of the time I'll be working solo inside the "workshop" but i'll still be around other civilian employees. With it being part time I'll still have a day off during the week to keep my va appointments.

• HadIt.com Elder

June 2010 I started treatment for ptsd and later that month I opened a claim for ptsd.

Jan 2011 C&P pending.

Feb 2011 doctors diagnosed that my SCed asthma is a misdiagnoses and is really severe anxiety.

Mar 2011 Found out that C&P canceled had been canceled. Also that my claim is at the decision phase.

I was sexually assaulted three different times. One of which involved them robbing my room which I called MPs and reported physical assault and robbery. (did not report rape) At the time my mother and senator were both informed of my problems (but not the rapes)

My questions are:

why would they cancel my C&P exam after finding out that my SCed asthma is actually severe anxiety? ( asthma meds never helped much and after being put on ptsd meds breathing got a lot better.) Possibly, or they would change the C&P to reflect the difference in the diagnosis.

My social worker left for medical reasons and I have been seeing the doctor once a week that does C&P exams for my therapy. Could this be why no C&P? You betcha. After all, why have a C&P done by the same doctor that sees you on a regular basis and knows you and your disability(ies).

Does the fact that I been through 9 jobs since 2006 and have a combined number of over two years without work help my case? Sure. But it depends upon what your claim is. Is it for PTSD, or is it for TDIU?

Is it a good sign that it took under three months at the rater level? (Not sure how long but it is def under 3 months) You cannot tell anything by how long it takes the VA to do anything.

Does providing a very detailed stressor letter of what I remember relative to personal/sexual assault help? Surely.

Yesterday I realized I was wrong about it being past the rating stage. I did not know that the rating stage is also the decision phase. I got an e-mail back from IRIS and was told that an RO team called DART is working on my case.

Sure. But it depends upon what your claim is. Is it for PTSD, or is it for TDIU? That is just it. I want to work. I want my old life back.