VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Who Gives...

Rate this question

rydastar

Question

At the end of the month..3/29/11 i have an appt. with someone? about c&p and auditory?? who gives this test?? or what is this...medical exam? i am so confused?

should i take my wife with me? she remembers more then i do, and basically takes care of most things to maintain household. thanks for info on what i am basically in for..??

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What kind of claims have you turned in?

If you are claiming, say, "back problems" or a messed up ankle, then look for the C&P exam to be "orthopedic".

If you are claiming, say, PTSD, then you'll be talking with a "shrink".

etc.

by-the-way the term "C&P" refers to the "Compensation & Pension" exams given for each claim you have turned in.......it's just another way of saying "compensation & pension examination" and covers all the bases, for all types of claims.

And, yeah, take the Wife with you.

• HadIt.com Elder

The C&P examiner is likely to be an RN or PA, at least for "usual claims". An audiologist or a med tech may be the person that gives you an auditory test.

I prefer to take my wife with me, simply because that tends to make a C&P examiner a bit more formal and above board.

I believe a wife's presence in certain kinds of claims, such as ED, or back injury, can help.

Edited by Chuck75

The Claims i have are for PTSD, also i have heart stent, and now i understand that with some NEW rules about being on a riverine squadron in the delta, that agent orange is in there also? as i remember the jungle disappearing and we used that area for a free fire zone. I also experience ear problems many times, as it was from many fire fights, ( back then no one used ear plugs that i know of) so i guess a combination of things, but mainly the mental aspect is troubleing me over and over,,thanks for your help i will keep you updated as to my progress.

What kind of claims have you turned in?

If you are claiming, say, "back problems" or a messed up ankle, then look for the C&P exam to be "orthopedic".

If you are claiming, say, PTSD, then you'll be talking with a "shrink".

etc.

by-the-way the term "C&P" refers to the "Compensation & Pension" exams given for each claim you have turned in.......it's just another way of saying "compensation & pension examination" and covers all the bases, for all types of claims.

And, yeah, take the Wife with you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Just remember, be absolutely honest with the examiner.............and do not try to act like "you're supposed to act when you're out in public" (my momma always admonished me 'bout that), but just lay it all out, don't hold back. Heck, by the time I was through I was crying like a baby..........so, tell 'em the truth and you'll do just fine. DO NOT bring up "stuff" that they DO NOT ask about, try to only talk about things specific to your time in service (they'll ask you about your childhood and about your first wife and your relationship with your daddy and why you killed the neighbor's cat...............):rolleyes:! Don't contribute but don't lie, okay. This is about your PTSD exam, of course.

hello, tomorrow is the c&p exam, nervous as can be,, but one thing that is on my mind for many many years, and is now on the forfront of my thoughts. Can i be legally held as wrong (punishment) arrested or something like that, If killed a v.c. ? its hard if not impossible to put these thoughts out of my mind,,and seeing another thing happen that was horrifying, but not committed by me, but i was there,,do i tell this psych.? about these things,,man i am so exhausted mentally....

KIA of a VC by a Vietnam combat vet is a normal past experience and stressor for many Vietnam vets.

VA shrinks have heard this before many times and this does not mean you can be retaliated against for an act of warfare.

It was your job.