VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P And T

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

I was awarded 100% howevr I am not considered P and T, I will try and get it. On friday night my next door neighbor house caught on fire and I had to go in and rescue her and try and put the fire out. In doing so I suffered some smoke inhalation and my anxiety and depression symptoms have gotten worse do to this experience. I will be quiting my job on monday because I think I will be a disruption to my co-workers and I feel I cannot be as productive as I should. Also because of this experience my lower back pain has gotten worse to the point I cannot affectivlely move around at the same pace as before. Do you think this is a good idea or what?

V/r

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ever try an external catheter and a leg bag? Not an indwelling catheter! External ones roll up on your penis and connect to the tubing on a leg bag. The leg bag adheres to your thigh, or calf by velcro straps. Just remember to empty it frequently, as it does not hold like over 300cc or so of urine. You can still wear undershorts with this as the tubing fits out the side of the leg opening. Briefs(depends at night) and externals when you want to be mobile without any bulkiness. Just a thought here. Your PCP can order you the external catheters, leg bags, and a larger bag, if wanted to connect to when sleeping. Indwelling catheter have potentials for infections, no matter what sterile techniques are used. Also do not wear the same external one for days either. Just a suggestion offered here.

Also what treatment plan has your Dr suggested for your enlarged prostate? TURP? Trans Uretheral Resection Prostate basically known as reaming it...making it smaller...won't go into details here...used more in the past with Enlarged Prostrate gland.

Edited by halos2

Also what treatment plan has your Dr suggested for your enlarged prostate? TURP? Trans Uretheral Resection Prostate basically known as reaming it...making it smaller...won't go into details here...used more in the past with Enlarged Prostrate gland.

I am taking Vesicare for the OAB condition and I must have a Colonoscopy once a year. I was told by my PCP do to the family history of Prostate and Colon Cancer in my family I will eventually get it. The good news is that we detected my condition early (last year). I just turned 39 and it was a wake up call, my brother passed away at the age of 39 in 2007 from cancer. I also must change my eating habits and must exercise on a regular basis.

vet2010