VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Coming Up Finally...

Rate this question

2vetsin1home

Question

I filed my inital claim in Oct 2007 for PTSD, Depression, Cervical strain, right shoulder strain amd nilateral knee injuries. I was awarded Dejenerative Joint Disease and everything else was denied. Well I fought it all and they denied PTSD still but awarded me everything else. Currently at 60% with a combined rating of 50%. Still fighing PTSD... They stated before the new rules came out that I could not prove it was service connected. So I provided buddy statements (3 of them) family statements, outside counselor and phsychiatrist records as well as news articles about us being there. Currently been going to the VA for treatment since I was told that is what I needed to do so I could prove it was through combat related incidents. I don't sleep am depressed can't go out in crowds, dont trust people dont' have a lot fo friends anymore... Hvae been diagnosed, go to sleep and nightmare management classes as well as take medication for sleep nightmares, anxiety and PTSD. I called the VA because I am supposed to be scheduled for an MRI and I was trying to find out when it was that is when I found out I have an appt on Mar 17, I asked what it was for or what office and they told me it for a C&P Exam, since the only thing I have pending in appeal status or compensation status is the PTSD do you think that is what it is for and why havent' I received anything. The appeal has been going on and was supposed to be waiting on a BVA hearing.. however I requested they review it again before sending it on based on the new laws enacted in June of 2010. So maybe they are finally scheduling it? The operator couldn't tell me anything except that it was a C&P Exam... Do they even do them at the VA hospital so far my other two for the other items were at other offices and my husbdands C&P for PTSD was at an outside clinic as well...

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I called the VA because I am supposed to be scheduled for an MRI and I was trying to find out when it was that is when I found out I have an appt on Mar 17, I asked what it was for or what office and they told me it for a C&P Exam,

The operator couldn't tell me anything except that it was a C&P Exam... Do they even do them at the VA hospital so far my other two for the other items were at other offices and my husbdands C&P for PTSD was at an outside clinic as well...

Call your VAMC, press zero for operator - ask for the C&P department

and find out what they can answer for you.

Some C&P's are done at VAMC's and some C&P's are contracted out of house.

Call your VAMC, press zero for operator - ask for the C&P department

and find out what they can answer for you.

Some C&P's are done at VAMC's and some C&P's are contracted out of house.

I called and they said they received the request on March 1 and I should be receiving the paperwork shortly... It is scheduled to be at the VA. I am really nervous, don't know what to expect.. Will I have to relive everything over again? or will they jsut ask me how I am doing now? I don't want to go into all the goory details especially since I just got through a lot of that with my 2nd counselor at the VA... Trying to find somone you ar eok to talk to is tough but I have finally foudn one at the VA I can trust.. Any thoughts or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. I have heard of spouses going with you, should I take my husband just in case I have an anxiety attack so that he can drive me home... I know after a recent appointment it took me a couple hours before I could leave the hospital due to an axiety attack... Thanks for your help. I truly do appreciate it.