VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Meds Kills Veteran

Rate this topic

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/2b95f5fb42aa4764a6248fa849394e7b/NM--Wars_Trauma/

The ME said this was accidental death. The veteran had taken the correct prescribed amounts- no overdose.

It looks likehe was given quite a medication cocktail.

EVERYONE should monitor their meds.

The article raises the issue of when multiple doctors are prescribing meds and not checking to see if they are contraindicated by another med and therefore neither med will work right and the results could be fatal.

The story does not indicate if the family is taking legal steps over this death.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Berta thank you for posting this story. I think many problems do arise with military, VA, and civilian doctors all prescribing medicines. Also 9 different one could certainly potential an outcome like this that occurred. I tell my personal physician what meds the VA prescribes, and my PCP what meds my private Dr does too. At times, I think some may not, and with this as stated in the story even though he did not basically over dosed the side effects could potentiate fatal outcomes. What a shame for him, his family, and to what could have been.