VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Went From Rating To Notification To Closed In 2 Hours

Rate this topic

JHawks

congrats I am happy for you

i've been the decison phase for 220 days and getting am getting frustrated

what state?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oklahoma now i guess what i needed to do was mouth off a little this morning I cant get on to ebenifits but the mailman wakes me up with a letter from the DAV saying that my 10% for left knee is now a combined 30% for both knees and tinnitus. nothing in bank accont yet. So in a coulple weeks i'll be starting a new claim this time over mental status's

oklahoma now i guess what i needed to do was mouth off a little this morning I cant get on to ebenifits but the mailman wakes me up with a letter from the DAV saying that my 10% for left knee is now a combined 30% for both knees and tinnitus. nothing in bank accont yet. So in a coulple weeks i'll be starting a new claim this time over mental status's

Must be nice that your DAV LETS YOU KNOW whats going on with your claim, and it shows that they care. In the state of Arizona, the DAV has never sent me any kind of letter for any of my past or present claims letting me know anything on my status. They obviously have different standards than the rest of the country.

However I did get a letter last week asking about when I am going to pay the balance of my dues.:ohmy:

Edited by COOL BREEZE

Congrats, chuck - always great news to get good news to start your day.

I get letters (one-liners) from my VSO; I'm cc'd on the cover letters the VSO sends with my additional documents for claims/appeal. I get them far in advance of the VA canned 'we're working on your claim' letter. For the most part, I get emails when I ping my VSO, or when the VSO needs info. I get read receipts on everything I send, just to make sure the VSO has looked at what I've sent. I've checked, and my VSO's record is immediate response, but only when there's an emergency or outstanding news. Case in point: I got a personal phone call when the VA system was about to remove one of my kids from my file in the system. It was fixed within hours. On the other end of the spectrum, the saga I posted a few days ago re: the GERD claim that got LOST for almost a year is still a thorn in my side. The 'Coach' assigned has not contacted me (don't think he/she will), and the VSO hasn't said anything since the email telling me the VA was going to jump through hoops to make this happen (reconsideration). No word on this within the past few days. I'll have to ping the VSO again, and see if the VA is actually jumping through hoops, or finding out how to give the VA more time. I've actually had a call when one of my claims was increased to the max for the condition. That was great news.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use