Sponsored Ads

• Latest Donations

• Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
Sign in to follow this  
WildBill

C&p Ptsd And Depression

Question

We went for his C&P yesterday. We got there early, she took the guy ahead of us .She spent about 30 minutes with the guy, I thought that was really fast. I am WildBill's wife, I thought I would be able to go in with him. Usually his doctors ask that I come with him because his memory is gone. He has taken every anti-depressant, he has had Electro shock therapy. She said only the veteran. She spent about 30 minutes with him. I guess we will just have to wait and see how it comes out. His VA doc says he is "text book" PTSD.

He has been 70% SC for a couple of years, and was 100% for 2 years before that. The VA never inferred IU. He filed for TDIU when he got fired in July of this year. He worked a long time after he should have quit just to keep us insured. We are waiting on his IHD claim and PTSD. He also has obstructive sleep apnea, hypertension, dyslipidemia, restless leg syndrome. I guess we file new claims, once we get answers on the claims we have now. We have been married for 41 years, he has been my life. Thanks for listening.

Mrs Wild Bill:

Thank you for sticking with your Veteran. Usually the VARO will give you an answer in 2 to 4 months. At this point my only suggestion is to make sure that the VA knows your husband is not working in writing. If he has SSD send a copy of award letter. If he does not have SSD than apply for it.

Good Luck

If the exam was done at a VAMC you can request a copy of the report from the Freedom of Information desk.

Ad

I got a copy of WildBill's PTSD C&P exam. It stated it was the "initial evaluation" for PTSD, it was done by a L.C. S. W. he has been diagnosed by two VA psychiatrist with PTSD. DIAGNOSTIC IMPRESSION: Axis I: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, not otherwise specified. Axis II: Deferred Axis III Per the Veteran's report, hypertention, high cholesterol , coronary artery disease, prostate cancer, joint pain in his kneess and shoulders.

Axis IV: Relationship problems, unemployment. Axis V: Global Assessment Functioning score of 54.

What do you think? Any ideas?

When I read the reports, I know THE REAL STORY, BILL will say WHATEVER HE HAPPENS TO BE THINKING AT THE TIME. He will tell them we have been married 35 years, 34 years, he gets dates for his surgeries all mixed up, job history, who cares? School years? Whatever.... I can't get him to believe that all these things are important. Oh, we have been married 41 years.

Along with a lot of other folks we are still waiting to hear about his Nehmer IHD claim. Still waiting after all these years, still waiting after all these years....

It appears from your post that either he had a temporary 100% or was reduced? Was he reduced and if so from what, and why??????

pr

We went for his C&P yesterday. We got there early, she took the guy ahead of us .She spent about 30 minutes with the guy, I thought that was really fast. I am WildBill's wife, I thought I would be able to go in with him. Usually his doctors ask that I come with him because his memory is gone. He has taken every anti-depressant, he has had Electro shock therapy. She said only the veteran. She spent about 30 minutes with him. I guess we will just have to wait and see how it comes out. His VA doc says he is "text book" PTSD.

He has been 70% SC for a couple of years, and was 100% for 2 years before that. The VA never inferred IU. He filed for TDIU when he got fired in July of this year. He worked a long time after he should have quit just to keep us insured. We are waiting on his IHD claim and PTSD. He also has obstructive sleep apnea, hypertension, dyslipidemia, restless leg syndrome. I guess we file new claims, once we get answers on the claims we have now. We have been married for 41 years, he has been my life. Thanks for listening.

They reduced to 60% because his PSA was normal. I tried to fight it... By that time he had had a heart attack, and the poor guy was still trying to work, had to make that dime. Keep up that insurance.